Third dream

There was a fierce, violent battle. But Tyler couldn't remember it at all. All he knew was that, right now, they had managed to get past the bridge, and somehow hide in an old building. And after that, he started to feel tired, on the verge of collapsing.

'Oh right, I forgot how taxing this shit was' he thought to himself.

Each time he had managed to use this strange power, mutation or whatever it was, he had always ended up in a pitiful state. But at least, as always, he had managed to get them out of trouble thanks to this ability.

'Yeah... thanks to it...'

This little voice in his head that appeared each time he used his power had been pretty annoying, but he couldn't deny the truth in its words. Not only had he survived until now by relying on this power, but in addition, he kept blindly following Erica and John.

The latter had litteraly admitted outright that his actions might cause the next galactic war, and that went completely against Tyler's will: he didn't want to start a new war and have so much deaths weighting on him. All he wanted to do with Cifer was to help them pestering the Paradise Council.

However, neither avoiding a war nor annoying the Council truly were his own goal: the first was a choice out of pure morality, or at least reason, while the second was more of an act out of pure spite.

Then maybe getting revenge on Glenn Keters and Ellis Dentes? No, taking revenge on Keters was something he wanted to do for Penny and Harry, while he didn't truly want to hunt down Ellis Dentes, considering Alicia's death was mainly Melia's fault, not his.

In the end, he didn't have his own goal, something defining him, he only went with the flow, waiting to drown in the middle of it.

"Tyler, are you okay?" John asked with a whisper, so as to not get discovered by the abominations.

Tyler's train of thoughts was interrupted, and maybe it wasn't a bad thing. After all, for as long he was in Ghost London, he had his own objective, which was to survive.

"Yeah... I'm okay... I'll just need a few hours sleep before we can enter New Big Ben" he whispered back.

"Oh shit, you're serious?" John asked.

"Uh... if you believe we can get rid of whatever is inside in the state we currently are, you're free to try"

"...
Good point. I'll wake you up"

"Good"

"But before that, tell me, what's the thing with your eyes? I haven't noticed before but why have they turned from green to grey?"

What did he mean, from green to grey? Oh, Melia had mentionned something about his eye color when he fought her, the last time he used his power.

'Oh well, I'll think about it when I'll wake up'

Tyler fell into unconsciousness, losing the possibilty to discuss it with John.

.

.

Two horribly mutilated bodies entered his sight, a man's and a woman's. Blood was flowing from their wounds on the ground, creating a puddle that kept getting larger, until it reached the tip of Tyler's old damaged shoes.

Around him, it was both as if the world was spinning, and at the same time wasn't moving.

"Nothing happened, nothing happened!"

"Mom? Dad? This can't be real, right?"

"What happened? Nothing. What?"

"Wake up. Come on, get up! It can't be over just like this!"