Ghost London

"I'm sorry what!?" Tyler exclaimed.

He wasn't familiar with the class system of the Nova beasts, but he knew a bit about the class system of the galactic criminals: F-class criminals had a bounty between 1and 10 points, E-class ones had a bounty between 11 and 100 points, and so on until S-class criminals which had a bounty above one million points.

F-class criminals were small fry, like serial killers of the lower sectors or such, while S-class ones were people like Cifer's head, posing a threat to the stability of the entire galaxy, or at the very least multiple Stellar Fields.

From what he knew, the Nova beast that Harry mounted to save them during the battle of the terminal was a C-class beast, and he could estimate its dangerosity and preciousness around the same as a B-class criminal. Following this reasonning:

"Uh, not that I don't agree to this first mission and eveything but isn't a B-class Nova beast's corpse worth, like dozen or even hundreds of thousands points? At the very least?" he asked as John was sipping on a coffee to calm himself. "Wouldn't it be guarded a bit too much for the few of us?"

Amanda scratched the back of her head:

"Ah, that's the other thing... actually, we located the corpse only a few days ago, and theorically nobody is aware of its location beside us" she said, hesitating a bit before adding: "It's situated in Ghost London"

Erica's eyes widened and John choked on his coffee, coughing. Tyler had no idea what Ghost London was, but he had a feeling it wouldn't be anything good.

"Guys, what is Ghost London?" he still asked nonetheless.

"Oh right, I forgot you come from a little planet's lower sector" Amanda said. "Uh, hear me out, I have nothing against it, I find it super cool that a guy from those horizons managed to do so much things! I'm a big fan actually, Gentleman forever! A gentleman always keeps his word, it was really-"

"Please focus on Ghost London" Tyler cut her, embarassed.

"Right, right. So, you know how Londris' modification to become livable for humanity has been finished during the second half of the 28th century, and at that time it had already been designated as a touristic location, right?"

"... yes, of course" Tyler lied.

"Well, at that time, they planned to rebuild Paris there, as it was during the 19th century, as the main attraction. But an unexpected event happened, and everyone became crazy. They started to attack each other, saying that 'he' would appear and kill them all. At the same time, people started to disappear without anything left, and all this chaos led to the city's destruction"

"Wow, that's creepy... and who's this 'he' they were talking about?"

"Nobody ever got to know that, since, you know... they're all dead"

"Oh. And if it's the ruins of Paris, then why is it called Ghost London?"

"Well, that's the most scary part. You see, for long, after this disaster, Londris' direction were too marked by this even to try rebuilding a city of Earth on the planet again. But eventually, after a long time, and no other scary event like this, they decided to go and try again in the end of the 36th century"

Tyler distractly looked on his right, seeing John had discretly wiped off the coffee he spilled on the floor, and was acting as if nothing happened. Refraining from chuckling, he focused back:

"Let me guess, it got destroyed again?" he asked

"Well, this time, the city actually was successfully built and, for nearly three century, New London remained in one piece, and everyone thought that this time it'd be alright" Amanda said.