Threads 2

A bit earlier

Director Enry Arsin was running through a hallway at a speed he didn't even think his old body was able to, almost drooling from the effort. But right now, he didn't care the slightest about his exterior appearance. Everything that counted was to escape from this hellish place.

He was lucky to be able to untie himself and go unnoticed. He was just as lucky that when he was escaping, the colossus-like Cifer terrorist who was watching over him was too occupied to run after him right away. But he knew that eventually, this Cifer's member would catch up to him. And most likely, it'd be before he could escape or find someone to help him.

'Tssk, these bastards, they want to get me? It won't happen: even if I fall, I'll make sure they fall lower' he thought bitterly.

Hidden in the Party Hall, there was one last emergency measure, one so secret he didn't talk about it to anyone, even including Melia.

It was hidden in a seemingly random wall with Fefnir tech. If it was used normally, nothing would happen and the user would simply be transported to another place of the Hall but, if it was director Arsin who went through it, calibrating to take him to the pools zone, he'd enter in yet another secret room. In this room, there was simply one thing: a self-destruction command, that would automatically destroy the Party Hall if activated. The room would be spared but the rest of the building would be completely destroy, to the point even a cyborg would most likely die if they were inside.

Director Arsin didn't know if there was currently any cyborg that managed to sneak or force their way in the Party Hall, and anyway he didn't care: even if his most loyal soldier, his war dog Melia, was there, right now he only cared about getting rid of Cifer's terrorists and saving his life.

But at the moment he was about to enter, he felt a strong, large hand grabbing his shoulder, just the same type of hand this giant criminal had. At this moment, director Arsin went closer than ever to soaking his pants. He turned so abruptly he almost hurt his hips, but his fear quickly disappeared when he saw the special agent, Eliot Mercher, that was standing in front of him:

"Happy to see you, sir planet director" Eliot greeted. "I'm here to help you evacuate while the terrorists are handled"

"You... you're really here? And the other cyborgs, the Guardians, did they manage to enter too?"

Eliot sneered internally: from the look of it, he clearly interrupted director Arsin right before he did something big. The latter had the look of someone who was discovered right before committing a crime, so the most logical explaination...

'Wait, was this bastard actually going to make the entire Party Hall self-destruct with everyone inside?' Eliot thought, his fists clenching.

Yet again, some bastard that was thinking of himself as some kind of superior being above the rules was thinking of him as a dog, that he could simply use to lead the sheep before abandonning in the wood. It would be so satisfying and so easy to just kill him right here, right now...

But he had to follow Cain's plan. By doing it, he would soon enough be able to kill this bastard Enry Arsin, and they'd get the thing they would need in the future.

Forcing any trace of animosity out of himself, he replied to the director's question:

"Yes sir, the Guardians are here too, we managed to disable the intern security measures of the Party all, and they're currently engaging the criminals from Cifer" he said. "I trust that the planet's finest soldiers will be able to eliminate three mere criminals, with one of them being an untrained alcoholic from the lower sectors, and thus I'll focus on your evacuation, so please follow me"