Threads

Light, blinding light. This light that was bringing with it the true last judgement of humanity filled the world. The cold and dark void of the outerspace was filled with the sinister warmness and overbearing brightness of the light. The stars themselves were overshadowed by it, and everything that existed was slowly penetrated, subjugated and replaced by this irresistible shine.

Throughout the dead and the living, every being burnt from the absolute whiteness, as the cold and dark pile of galaxies the universe was turned from a colorless infinite to one of pure radiance. The gods themselves, these very same gods that plotted the path of humans and pulled the threads of Fate and the laws of reality throughout history, whether it be for the best or for the worst, couldn't escape the blind punish

But as everyone and everything was touched by this apocalyptic brillance that seemed like it could even make gods themeselves feel powerless, one single being managed to escape the end of everything, carrying with them the last hope of a better ending.

The threads of Fate moved, as a new one was inserted right in the middle of their complex weave, the hands of the world's clock started spinning backward and just like this, with the motion of this single, insignificant thread, everything started over again.

.

.

.

And a few years later, in an unsignificant place on an unimportant planet, a simple chase was happening.

The pursuit itself was unimportant, just as much as the two individuals participating in it. It was simply another one of those ordinary events that happened everyday in sector V's, the land of beggars and street rats:

"Hey! Come back here you bastard!"

As the cop shouted, he fired a bullet forward. Because of the obscurity of the alley where they were, he missed his target by an inch, which used this opportunity to put more distance between the two of them.

"Why would I come back only to get shot, you braindead dumbass!" the target, a person wearing a grey mask and a black coat, replied as they accelerated even more.

The mask had a function that blurred their voice while the obscurity prevented the cop from discerning their figure, so it was imposible to know if they were a man or a woman. But independently, the cop was still bent on making them suffer.

"You rat, when I catch you and I take back my wallet, I'll make sure you'll give me your teeth as interest!" the cop threatened.

The figure kept running from alley to alley, until finally coming back in the main street. A bit later, the cop arrived too, breathless, and didn't see anybody wearing a mask or a coat around, only bystanders with a regular appearance. Grinding his teeth, he prepared to call for backup, however his attention turned to two men that were having an argument.

One of them was pretty tall, had strong features with dark green eyes, and had short-mid straight black hair along with a growing beard. He was wearing a clean shirt with jeans and a backpack, showing a calm attitude. He looked like the definition of a clean person, at least in the sector V.

It was a total contrast with the second man, a tramp wearing chaotic rags, somehow had both a hollow, thin face and a round belly, and was screaming at the tall man.

"Hey, you two! The hell's happeni-"

The cop couldn't even finish his sentence as the tramp pushed the tall man on the ground. Then, as by coincidence, he turned his gaze toward him. His eyes widened and, without any hesitation, he started running in the opposite direction as fast as his unfit body allowed him. Understanding it was probably the person from earlier, the one who stole his wallet, he started running again, agitating his gun while shouting.