Battle of the demigods 9 - the grand finale

Flames dissipated, Londris stopped disappearing. The Outercoat of the planet had completely shattered, leaving the two of them vulnerable to the cruelty of space. Cain didn't worry much thought, as he could simply use his Authority to 'coat' himself and survive, in a similar way to how one transwalked.

Without going to fast, Cain walked toward Saginus. The latter was now no more than a scorched body, struggling to use the few bits of concentration he had left to coat himself waith his Authority.

"You... actually achieved the impossible... good for you" Saginus managed to say with a hoarse voice.

"Impossible? Oh, you mean defeating a Great Sin using the same Sacred Field? Then, I wouldn't call it impossible" Cain replied. "After all, everything is impossible, until you actually achieve it. Flying, travelling the seas, travelling the space! All of it was deemed impossible for humans, and yet they still achieved it. Do you know how they did?"

Cain extended his arms:

"Science! Godly powers, any attributes we are born with, all of these have a limit that was set in stone from the very beginning. But associating them with science, the possibilities become unlimited!"

He laughed a bit:

"In truth, divine powers aren't even something so incredible. To use an analogy, let's compare it to an apple. Normal humans can't touch it, apostles and saints can only scratch its peel with their nails. Angels and Great Sins both can bite in it, except that the latters have weaker teeth but can cut it with a knife beforehand to make it easier. And finally, Gods can simply access the apple tree instead" he said. "There's also Nova beasts but their case is a bit particular, so let's forget about them"

He coughed a bit:

"My point is, in this picture I'm making so much efforts to depict for your delicate - and burnt - ears, I can also cut the apple, in an even more perfect way than with a knife, just by striking it with the edge of my hand" he continued. "How, you'll ask me? Simply by calculating the exact angle, strength and speed of the strike, that's as simple as that"

Cain was now close enough to end Saginus' existence, but he didn't seem as if he wanted to do so.

"The new era is coming, and nobody can do anything to stop it. Science and myths will come to a crossroad, and those unable to follow this change will purely and simply fall behind. For years, decades, centuries, MILLENIALS! I've studied every bit of humanity's growing knowledge for all this time. Mathematics, physics, psychology, biology, protocols, military, mechanics, chemics, and much more, everything..."

He pointed his index at the side of his head:

"... is right there. In the beginning, I was known as the weakest of all Angels, you know? I could only ever wish for something that already exist, something I know of, how pitiful was I in front of the other demigods. But now, these times are over, as I accomplished something that even Aldéa of Forgiveness, first child of Genova, was unable to. Who else could have done this, except the Gods themselves? Who? I'll tell you who, no one! In the first place, there's only few people who could even boast having half my knowledge..."

Cain turned his gaze in another direction:

"... and in seems that today, one of them decided to honour us with his presence" he said spitefully as he turned around.

In the spot he was looking at, three persons had just appeared, protected from the harshness of space by a bright halo shining around them. The center of this halo seemed to be a man seemingly in his twenties, with bright brown eyes and a blond ponytail. Yohan.

But the most interesting part were the two individuals alongside him, both being cyborgs. The first one was a man with dark skin, bright eyes, and a spacesuit, likely in case the halo would happen to have a problem in the following moments. Not much about him catched the eyes, if not for his metallic hands, that were free of the suit, and were shaking uncontrolably.