The beauty of humans

Yohan looked surprised for a few seconds, beore chuckling:

"You... Pfft, hahaha, yes, that was what I wanted to point, but I definitely wasn't expecting you to present it that way" Yohan said as he bursted out laughing.

For some reason, hearing him laughing like this after basically blaspheming against his God really made Tyler uncomfortable.

"For the trivia, that's also what the Silence cult believe, that Genova 'ate' Christeus and manipulated humans to obtain their faith, so He could defeat the Silent One" Yohan said.

He took out his camera and, before Tyler could say anything, took a picture of them;

"Personally, I think the truth is right in the middle, that Genova truly ate Christeus body but purely to stop the Devil, and that's why He created the seven angels, because He felt too guilty to keep it for Himself" he continued. "Who knows? Maybe the first angel he created was the angel of Forgiveness precisely because it's the one thing he couldn't grant himself. And maybe he felt like the demise of the Silent One was his fault, because he preffered to give His love to humans over Them"

Tyler frowned, half because of those words and half because of the photography Yohan took without his consent:

"You know, the more you talk, the more I wonder if you're a believer of Genova or the Silent One" he said.

"Tyler, trust me when I say there's nobody further from the cult than me" Yohan replied. "But you see, I just wanted to give you the two sides of the picture, so you could make your own opinion on the curch. It might seem stupid but, for me, freedom is as important as faith, if not more"

Yohan looked down, his eyes in the vague:

"I told you I have a sister, right? You see, when we were younger, she was always the kind to always cry. To her, it seemed as if everything was painful and terrible" he said.

"What does it have to do with freedom?" Tyler asked.

Yohan's face affiched genuine sadness for an instant:

"At first, I thought that the only reason she saw the world this way was because her vision wasn't the 'good' one" he replied. "So I tried to change it. I saw that she wasn't feeling good about it, yet I continued. I continued and, for a time, I managed to convince my sister to change her view and adopt mine. And as I ignored her discomfort, persuaded to be the one in the right, I didn't even realize how much I was hurting her... until it was too late"

A tear ran down Yohan's cheek as he was talking,and he quickly wiped it with his finger:

"Ah, apologizes, I'm getting a bit emotionnal..." he said. "Well, anyway, that's how the story ends: eventually, my sister snapped, some regrettable events that could've been avoided happened, and we ended up parting way. I came on Londris in hope I could meet with her, but it seems as if either she's not here, or she simply doesn't want to meet me"

Tyler scratched the back of his head, not really knowing what to say:

"I'm sorry for you, I hope you and your sister will reconnect together" he said.

"No need to try and console me, it was all my fault, it's only normal I face the consequences" Yohan said. "The lesson I learnt from this is that people can only fully grow when they're free. You can guide them, but forcing them to go in the direction you choose will inevitably lead to a bad ending. That's the nature of humans. At the same time..."

Yohan played with Tyler's pocket watch, swinging it by the chain.

"... that's all the beauty of humans evolutions, right?" he asked as he took out the picture off the pocket watch, the one that was taken only a few hours ago.