Battle of the demigods 6

Unexpectedly, the next part of the fight was operating in the opposite direction: Saginus was dominating the fight. Cain's attacks were no longer nearly as effective as they had been earlier, and most of the damages they caused immediately disappeared. He could no longer use his own Authority to negate Saginus', and thus the latter could simply turn all his injuries to mere dreams.

"What's the problem, Cain?" he asked while drinking from a cup of tea. "Didn't you also predict THAT?"

Cain dodged a high-kick as he replied:

"No, I didn't" he replied naturally. "Also, since you can't make things appear like me, where did you get this cup of tea?"

"I stole it from a guy before he got killed by the creatures" Saginus naturally replied as the fight continued.

"..."

Cain quickly adopted a defensive stance, trying to gain time so he could understand what Saginus had done. How was it that previously, he could prevent him from negating his injuries, but not now? What had change?

'Let's see... First, it has to be related to either his Authority, either the Dream Sacred Field itself' Cain thought.

"What's the problem? Feeling like acting as a scaredy cat?" Saginus asked with a maniac grin. "Then you better run faster!"

Things around Cain started to disappear, be they buildings, the ground, the plants or even entire cities.

He kept transwalking away, but he had trouble to keep up the pace.

'Let's see... if the problem comes from the Sacred Field, it also should impact my Authority' Cain deduced. 'Let's test this theory'

He voluntarily got close to one of the creatures he had wished into reality, and let it rip of one of his finger. He used his Authority, and it came back without any trouble.

'Ouch... ok, no problem with me, so it comes from his Authority'

But what could it be? Cain would need to observe for a moment to deduce what kind of trick Saginus used. And of course, he'd need to stay alive in the meantime. Happily, even though Saginus could make anything else disappear, it wasn't the case for him. Because he was an Angel? Hmm... no, most likely because the disappearance ability only worked on mindless entities, inanimate things, or people he had already plunged into a dream, even if they already had woken up.

So now, he had to deduce how Saginus plunged them into a dream, as well...

'Ah, it's so tiring, why do demigods have such complicated abilities?' Cain internally complained.

Suddenly, before he realized it, everything around him seemed to have disappeared. Everything was peach black. He felt his own body starting to disappear, but quickly wished it back into reality. Fortunately, it still worked when used on himself. But now, he had no time to feel happy:

'Aaaand I'm trapped in a woken nightmare. Great'

Most likely, Saginus could've done it from the very beginning, he just wanted to make sure that his Authority wouldn't be countered beforehand. Cain couldn't perceive reality anymore and, with Saginus making everything around disappear, it was likely that everything left around him was air... and dangers.

"Aquillion, Aquillion, Aquillion. I'm curious to see what you'll do to get away this time" Saginus' voice echoed around him, without its source being clear.

Cain felt something painfully biting his arm off. He made flames appear in this direction, and he felt something burning, as unholy shriels resonnated.

"Is that your great plan to defeat me? Transwalk these creatures close to me?" Cain asked mockingly. "You're so evil, and none of my attacks can even leave a scratch on you anymore, and yet you don't dare to approach me? I don't know, you seem closer to a scaredy cat than me"