Ghost London's last nightmare 3

As the two giant abominations were both running toward him, close to catching him, he slid between one of the two's legs and this time, instead of trying to make him trip... he ran toward the exit of the bell's room.

'Don't you think your move set is becoming kinda repetitive?' the voice in his head scoffed.

Tyler ignored it as he tried to run faster, but to no avail: he had already overworked himself too much, going faster than this would make him collapse. He gritted his teeth:

'Come on Tyler, a bit more... just a bit more...'

Then another, and yet another. Bit by bit, he'd keep going until he had saved his friends. Then only he would allow himself to collapse.

But... then why? Maybe the voice was right. In the end, no matter what he claimed, no matter what he tried, he only acted in the palm of others' hands, and only tried his best for others. Not for himself. In the end, what was his own personal goal, the purpose of everything he did?

Was he just supposed to accomplish his duty, and that was it? What was the point, then?

'Is it all... really worth it?' he asked himself.

No, he had to continue. He had to.

'Just... one more bit...'

As he reachedthe exit, he abruptly turned back, leaving the two amalgamations to crash against it. His legs gave him up and he fell on the floor.

"Have fun with my little gift, idiots" he nagged.

The two giant creatures looked at the floor, realizing Tyler had dropped a small object on the floor. But it was already too late: the grenade exploded, sending them flying away and destroying the exit, which was also the entry of the bell hall. Since this entry was linked to stairs, which were now destroyed too, other abominations would be unable to reinforce the two amalgamations, at least for now.

Tyler turned his head toward the spot where both giant abominations fell, and furrowed his brows: it seemed like Mavarel had learnt from his mistakes and, when the explosion occured, he managed to make the two creatures stand close enough to each other for them to be sent flying togethern without being separated. This way, Tyler couldn't try killing them separately again.

"Tssk, smart zombies, of course it had to be like this" he spat as he ran toward them in hope to get a clean shot before they got up.

Too late, the two had already gotten up and recovered their balance. And now, they were both attacking at the same time, and he rapidly found himself overwhelmed. Not only the two creatures were perfectly coordinated but their supernatural flexibility made many of their attacks nearly unpredictable. And with his injured right hand, Tyler was forced to block with his right elbow instead for several attacks.

And worst than everything, everything around him seemed to go faster and faster... no, it wasn't that. It was more like everything went back to its normal speed, meaning that Tyler's Blessing was reaching its limits, close to disappear.

He had to act quickly. If Mavarel realized he was getting weaker as the time passed, he would choose to buy time, and it'd be over. He had to think a plan quickly, while he still could.

'Think, you drunk bastard, think... Mavarel... the two giants... clock tower... bell... The bell!'

Finally, an idea came to his mind. Once again, he turned back and started running. But this time, his goal was the bell... which was situated right below Mavarel.

"Hey Mavy, hope you like the taste of bullets!" Tyler exclamed as he jumped on the bell, took his impulsion gun upward and pointed it upward.

'Heh, isnt that the stupident line you could've found?' the voice in his mind asked sarcasticly.