Final battle 3

As he once again shot toward Melia, in the same moment, he threw a grenade right at her. Without much wariness, the Guardian used her cyborg ability to cover herself in an immaculate cocoon of brillant metal coming from the left side of her body, making herself untouchable.

However, when the grenade detonated, instead of a violent explosion resonating in the hall they were in, there was a mushroom of dark, thick smoke surrounding them. Melia, as she took the cocoon off her, frowned slightly seeing this. She looked around her but didn't see him.

'Tssk, this bastard's hiding in the smoke' she thought, sneering internally

She turned her left arm into multiple deadly whips. As she heard a faint sounds of feet moving on the floor, she instantly turned to that direction and swung her whip, cutting the thick smoke in half.

However, except it, her attack met nothing, and the smoke simply reformed itself. She once again heard faint steps behind her and turned around at the speed of sound, whiping at astonishing speed and leaving a large and long cut on the floor of the reception hall.

However, once again, there was no flesh nor bones breaking under her attack, no blood spilled. She kept whipping around with eah step she heard but each time, her opponent seemingly disappeared right before being touched.

This little game of hide and seek was starting to bore her:

"Come on, little rat, stop hiding in the smoke like a coward!" she shouted. "I thought your name was Gentleman, not Scaredy Cat! Where's my honor"

"Don't you know? Gentlemen are smart persons, none would be stupid enough to engage in a frontal fight with a Cyborg! As for my honor, I keep it for ladies, not bitches like you!"

Even faster than before, Melia turned to the direction where the voice was coming from and whiped, cleanly cutting a large dinner table in half in the process. This time, she was met with something else than tables and the hardness of the floor. As the smoke started subsiding, saw what it was: a recorder!

"Surprise" Tyler said as he emerged from behind her.

He sticked the barrel of his firearm to the right side of her head, the one that wasn't cybernetised, and shot. In the fraction of second she had to react before this, Melia, who knew she wouldn't be fast enough to step aside in time, instead chose to twist her waist.

The bullet indeed attained her head, but thank to her reaction, the bullet only flayed the skin of her right temple and slightly damaged her skull, but left her brain and ear completly intact, if not for the ringing in her head due to the nearby shoot.

"Haha, what a good look you have now, it really suits your personnality better, my dear lady" Tyler scoffed

"YOU FUCKING BASTA-" she started.

However, she interrupted herself as she turned around to kill him for good. This bastard...

... had already started to run toward the wall? After all his great talks of vengeance and justice, and all those meticulously planned attacks, he was already running away, just like that?

Shameless! In decades of work, Melia didn't even remember seeing sucha shameless behavior before!

She hesitated for a second: should she run after him? Logically, the best decision would be to get back to her mission and seek the hidden hangar where the spatial ship was. Only, considering that this idiot Denin suddenly seemed to have disappeared along with the whole hangar, she would most likely take a long time to find it.

And she couldn't wait this long to rip off this bastard's head!

Seeing her running after him at a speed that should've been impossible for her physic, Tyler smiled as his plan worked.