51'

She watched her father at gunpoint and held him by her brother Kameel. Her lips quivered her sight blurred due to the pilled tears.

Khayr has just returned from night Tahfeez to meet such a tragic situation. Her mum was tied down beside her Dad. At the side, corner sat her Uncle Hashim, cross-legged.

"Go on" Hashim ushers.

Khayr's lips part to yell but suddenly her voice is lost. She stood by the door peeping, afraid of what her uncle will do to her when he sees her.

You see, the thing with politics is even your blood is after your power. Uncle Hashim is their father's immediate and only brother.

Her father; Jamil lost his parents at a very tender age he had to take responsibility for both of them. He was a role model to Hashim, he made sure that he got all that demand up to a level he was well grown.

A friend introduced Jamil into politics seeing as how good and honest he was and by the will of Allah, it turned out good.

He's currently the deputy governor, hopefully, the next governor in line.

Let's just say he's doing good...

Regardless of how he pays Hashim's demand but as you know it, Shaytan always finds a way to a human's heart.

And verily, mankind are ungrateful...

Hashim thought to as why Jamil has the spotlight in every aspect, it's always Jamil but never him. He felt like he was a charity case.

He's got the wealth, health, and a beautiful Family something he's longed for. Right from day one when Jamil introduced Hashim to Halima, the woman he's going to be married to, Hashim knew he was attracted to her but calmed down his desire.

It got to a point where Halima ranted and complained which leads to a quarrel between the duo. She knew of the love Jamil had for his brother nothing he does wrong is seen or noticed by him. It almost felt as if she wanted to create a rift between the two brothers.

She gave up and stopped informing Jamil to avoid misunderstandings and would pray to her lord to guide her through it.

Now see what it has led

"Shoot him" he yelled urging Kameel to pull the trigger and miss the target.

Khayr screamed gaining their attention.

He laughed, "Look who we have here,"

She stepped back a bit, her mother signaled her to run she shook her head letting the tears stream.

"Mami" she stutters in between sobs.

Run and don't look back...

Those were the last words she heard before bolting away with the goons trailing behind. She could swear she heard a gunshot as she ran, for a minute there she thought to stop and have herself cuddled up to her mother's embrace, at least a little goodbye won't hurt.

Khayr always thought of her Uncle as not a good man but never really showed. She had bad vibes around him, the reason why they don't get along.

He's mostly around Kameel, it has always been Kameel.

Now see...

She bolts up drenched in sweat and tears. A sudden pain shot through her body urging a scream out from her lips. She collapsed back on the bed panting woefully.

"Adda" Layla calls her hands trembling as she gets a hold of her.

She is seeing double, she couldn't steady her vision but she felt Layla's presence, she just did not know who it was.

Her eyelids gave in, letting darkness evade.

{^*^}

Farha has been out for two weeks now, she slipped into a coma immediately after the operation. Luckily they got the bullet shot out with no complications.

Hisham is out of the country for treatments, he passed out that same day Farha was checked into the hospital.

His hormonal damage got the best of him. Sarauniya and Sarki had to go with him along with Hamza who later went after his operation.

Let's say these past few days have been a little too bumpy for all of them.

"What's your name?" The doctor asked.

She woke up a while ago and still hasn't said a thing, she's only roaming her stare around wondering what suddenly went wrong, but for sure something is not right.

"Uh" She coughed choking on her spit.

Suhana helped her with a cup of water which she gulp down hesitating at first but her dry and needy throat needed it.

"Okay let's do this again, what's your name?"

"—UmmulKhayr"

{^*^}

"This is a very unusual and rare case, I've never seen something like this."

Salim and Abubakar met with the doctor in his office to be enlightened about Farha's condition.

"It seems as though in the process of regaining her past memories she lost the presets'"

"So what now?"

"We can't say, it's all up to her now. We've run some tests and hopefully, the result would be out later in the day"

Abubakar extend his hand for a shake before they both exited the office.

"I'll make the necessary payment, you inform the rest" Salim speaks as they walk down the hallways.

He nods, "Okay"

___

Faixatuu.