3'

Fada, Bauchi.

The blazing morning soon peeps through the curtains. The early morning twirling of birds was like music to one hearing. Farha squints her eyes pulling the duvet to take cover from the sun.

She mumbles the waking up Dua finally gathering the strength to get up. Farha knew very well she is getting late for school but she couldn't help it she slept very late last night.

Perks of watching squid game all night...

The soft knock on the door clicked her out of her revive flickering her attention back the door before stating a come in.

A lady that seemed to be in her late thirties dressed in a maid-like outfit took steps closer to Farha with her head bow in respect.

"Good morning your highness" She blurted with her gaze still plastered on her worn-out shoes.

Honestly, Farha doesn't like the attention and extra special treatment she's getting. She gets that her husband is royalty but what does it have to do with her?

Dumbo! Forgetting you're married to a prince now? Which makes you a princess.

Right! Truth be told if it is up to her, she'd rather have a single maid that would only be of help in tidying up the house. It's creepy having multiple maids at a single soul's service.

Aliyu Arab has been the Emir of Bauchi ever since the dismay of his father thirty years ago. He is known for his honest, just, and humble nature and won't hesitate to bring down any sort of harm that may cause displeasure to his people.

He stands by his people and respects every one of them regardless of their status.

"Morning" She replied.

"Yarima said to inform you that you're visiting Sarki and his Sarauniya's section for a farewell before you leave for Abuja"

Farewell? Abuja? When did that happen? She doesn't remember being told about moving and of all places in Abuja. She'd rather stay in Lagos than Abuja for some reason she despises the place.

Weird huh!?

"What are you saying?" She couldn't fight back the words.

She nods. "Yes. He also said not to bother I'd do all the packing before you leave in the evening"

Farha yanked the duvet off her suddenly mustering the strength to leave the comfy bed. Farha's action compelled the maid to squat down.

They have been assiduously warned on how to treat the royals with respect or shall face the consequences of their actions.

"Where is he?"

With her lips trembling "He is in his study room but---" Farha cut her off by picking up the Hijab she left on the side drawer after praying subhi and putting it on then made her way out brewing in annoyance.

Just who does he think he is? The prince? Tsk! What a joke. Seriously didn't he think to tell her about the moving to Abuja part? She's his wife or did he forget that as well.

She didn't bother knocking so she barged in meeting his figure rested on the couch with his eyes shut.

He knew very well she was coming for him when he sent the maid to her so he wasn't surprised.

"I'm certain you're not sleeping so you better start explaining" She whimpered to a not so bothered figure that didn't move an inch from his current state.

"Hisham" She implored to which he ignored.

She snarled. "What is your problem huh!? What happened to the let's start as friends" laying emphasis.