38'

Jumu'ah Mubaraq

"Isn't your husband coming down for breakfast?" Rahama asks seizing Farha's action to fill up her plate.

Farha knew of Rahama's nosiness, it's a bad habit she has taken up ever since. But at least she thought she'd be less investigative to a married woman due to well yanno, just as always, she thought wrong.

After serving Rahama she did the same for herself and then settle down, leaving the question hanging.

"I'm guessing he's n---"

"He had breakfast in bed" She cuts her off leaving no room for more inquiries.

Rahama huffed out a chuckle a slight smirk dancing on her lip. She won't let this slide.

Halfway through breakfast, yet another question popped in.

"You never told me how you met and all. Why not you do now, remember we're catching up so this may as well be counted" Farha looked up from her untouched food sparing her a look.

She gulps down a lump, different hints on what lie to cook up that would fit, lying to Rahama isn't a piece of cake.

"Go on" She ushers.

Clearing her throat, "I, well---"

She reached out to Farha's hand. "Hey! No need to be shy, c'mon now"

Farha nods flashing her a tight-lipped smile. She relaxed her shoulder puffing out a sigh, what's the point in lying to her main girl, what could go wrong?

"Arrange. It was arranged"

"What!" She blurts feigning obliviousness.

She nods.

"Ya illah! Is he treating you right? Do you want this? Why would Abba do su---" She trailed off.

"I agreed to it and Alhamdullila I can say it working out, we're bounding plus I admire how he's taking things slow" funny how the lying was sinking out almost as it was true.

Rahama's brows draw together, "Are you sure? You know, you can always share anything, I'm here for you dear" her tone is laced with worry.

Yeah right! Says the person that ditched her when she needed her the most.

"I'm learning to love my husband"

"That's good, but do you think it's mutual?"

Farha shot her a look of bewilderment. "Meaning?"

"Do you think he lov---"

"What nonsense, of course, I love my wife, why would you be asking that?" Hisham pops in out of the blue dressed in his usual suit.

He sends Rahama a glare which she reciprocated.

He arched his left brow up slipping his other hand into his pockets anticipating her response.

"Hish---" he waves her off.

"No babe, I want to hear it from her" he held her gaze firm, Dearing, her to say otherwise.

Rahama is left in a tight spot she so much wanted to spew what was on her mind but she chooses to keep calm the show is just getting started.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that" She speaks taking her eyes off his dominant ones.

"Good" He walked towards Farha stealing a quick kiss and taking her by surprise.

"I'll be leaving for work," He says just as he pulled back.

Still taken aback she nods, "Allah ya kiyaye"

{^•^}

She didn't like the way he treated Rahama even though she knew she deserve it but that still didn't mean he should have said that to her.

Who is she kidding? That was Yarima taking it slightly with her.

She left the room to give Rahama space to speak to her fiance as she said. Farha took that as an opportunity to go meet Hisham and say of her mind about what had happened earlier.

She stood by the door mumbling a few Dua before mustering the courage to go in.

"Has an appointment been fixed with Dr. Steve?"

"I'll be there by next week, just make sure everything is under control, what happened the other day should not repeat itself"

She knew it was wrong eavesdropping but she couldn't help it.

"Okay then" he cuts off the call.

She made known her presence fidgeting with the Hem of her dress.

"Why are you here?"

She kept mute for a sec suddenly forgetting what brought her here plus his firm stare isn't helping matters.

"Are you sick?"

"So we're snooping now"

She bit her lower lip regretting her words. Did she have to ask that?

"What you did earlier was uncalled for and I'll like it that you apologize for your actions" She has her eyes plastered to her toes.

Silence.

She waited for his response but none came, just the hard stare with an emotionless expression did he hold.

His lips part to speak yet a yelp escaped out. He held onto his forehead, a massive pain striking.

"Ahhh" he groans.

She makes a move to help but he waves her off.

"Don't!"

He turns away holding on to the nearest stand for support. He felt a drip of a reddish metallic substance slip its way out of his nose, along came more drops.

"OUT! Get out!"

She was stuck between the line of helping and walking out.

"Hish---"

"GET OUT!!!"

Her body quivered in fear gulping down a lump, hurriedly stepping her way out of the room.

What now? She couldn't possibly let him suffer in pain even though he's much deserving of it but for Sarauniya's sake.

Xoxo

Alright guys I'm sorry for ghosting yh all, school has been a pain in d ass but for now I'm fully back, I'll try and update frequently

Love y'all 😭💗

Faixatuu.