1'

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim.

ABUJA NIGERIA.

"I can't do this Umma. I'm not ready for all this" I cry out to my mother. A week ago my life was all rainbows and butterflies but right now it's far from that.

I'm officially someone else's, someone I don't even know of. Some few months back Abba ushered me to present a suitor and truth be told, I didn't have anyone.

My main goal in life is to archive my dreams. I always picture myself as one of the world's renowned Neurologist, to cut things short; marriage is the last thing on my bucket list.

Hisham. I got to know my husband's name from Adda Sukai'na some few minutes back when I was pronounced married.

Funny huh!?

"I raised you to be the strong and independent woman you are Farha. I believe there's nothing you can't handle" She assures whilst wiping off my tears.

"But why did Abba have to get me married so soon? Why Umma?" I asked feeling enraged yet sad. I'm only twenty for Allah's sake. Adda Sukai'na got married at the age of twenty five and that too to the person she loves. Why then am I not allowed to make decisions and choices for myself?

"Take this as a test from Allah my dear. Everything happens for a reason" I nod giving in. She's right; Allah does not burden a soul with more than it can contain.

I don't know why Abba suddenly decided to get me married but I'm sure he'd never wish bad upon me. My only hope is my so called husband does not stop me from chasing my dreams.

"Now wipe your tears and head down, we wouldn't want to keep my son in law waiting" She teases as the absolute tease she is.

"Umma" I couldn't help but whine causing her to laugh harder.

I exited Umma's room bumping into Adda Sukai'na on the way. Even after being seven months pregnant she still decided to come tun daga Kano.

"Haba Farha your husband is downstairs waiting for you ina kika shiga ne?" She complains to which I roll my eyes.

Haven't she ever heard of a word Jan aji?

"Your kohl is smudged let's have the makeup artist fix it" She takes my hands into hers walking me back to my room where the bridesmaids impatiently waited to guide me down to my groom for the photo taking session.

A knot formed in the pit of my stomach with my heart skipping constantly as I take each step down the stairs. Meena formally known as Amina who happens to be my marternal cousin did the honour of guiding me down as my face is covered with a not so transparent veil.

"Hey! Calm down you can do this" Meena encourages to which I could only nod.

His deep cologne hit my nostrils urging me to suck a deep breath. With every step he takes closer erasing the distance between us my heart skips.

I shut my eyes as he unveils me a lone tear slipping from my eyes. His thumb brushing away the tear sends shiver down my spine.

What he did next took me by surprise, my eyes disclose with my lips parting as his almond eyes boring into mine.

Did he just kiss me?

Chill guys! It's on the forehead. Lol! He couldn't possibly steal away my first kiss without my permission now could he?