Let the game begin once again

***

March 2013

Sitting in the subway between two people, the train was crowded and noisy. Trying to rest my legs after walking all day. I kept my head low as I kept trying to concentrate on my work, keeping the pencil rest between my fingers. Playing with it, forcing myself to come up with something new. The design had to be done tomorrow, and I wasn't even near finished.

I fixed my white puffer jacket from falling off my shoulder. Already annoyed at everything that was happening around me. I sighed and quickly closed the notebook. "Fuck it," I whispered, I couldn't finish the design in this place either way.

I looked up at the tv, my stop was next, finally.

I opened my black purse, quickly putting the notebook deep down, closing it and then putting it over my shoulder again. I felt the train coming to a stop. I stood up on my two feet and swam my way through the crowded train. "Sorry, excuse me," I kept whispering while I placed my hands on their arms to let me through.

I finally took a step out the train doors and I was on the asphalt. Fixing my thin black tights under my black skirt. I held on to my purse after walking out the underground and up into the city, I was now out in the fresh weather, it was quite sunny and I was satisfied.

I fixed my brown dark hair to the side of my face and put down my sunglasses, the wind was still cold but the sun was keeping me warm.

I walked to the other side of the road quickly, keeping my steps steady in these not so useful heels. It wasn't something I would wear on a normal day. People walking in every direction, it wasn't unusual to bump into someone.

I kept walking, looking around at the stores, cafes, restaurants. Anything with colour, inspiration, anything. I saw double decker busses driving by, taxis and every kind of cars. It was busy day.

There were a lot of different wallscapes, not something I usually look at, even though I needed some sort of inspiration.

I saw a few news papers and ads on a wall around the corner, I quickly turned and stopped to look. I read a few articles and about movies coming up, but that didn't cought my eye. Although, something else did. I looked up at the corner and saw a big white paper with two big black letters spelling 'BK'. I looked at it for a second, it couldn't be, could it? I swallowed harshly. It wasn't bill, right.

But it was odd, there stood nothing on the paper, absolutely nothing except 'BK' in black. It was empty. What kind of advertising was this? I thought.

I bit m'y lip and shook my head, I didn't want to wrap my mind around it. I turned my head and then took a step out there, but following the road to a nicer place. I walked down it, being followed by a lot of different smells from cafes, restaurants and more. It helped me get my mind away from anything else. I kept looking around, distracting me from it.

Suddenly, I felt someone bump into me, I grunted as my body got pushed, and I looked up, but I wasn't mad. It was Rowan, my therapist.

"Eselin, gosh I am so sorry." He said, putting his hand out, I grabbed it and smiled as he helped me up.

"Don't worry, I'm just alright." I reassured him.

"What're you doing here?" He asked with a smile.

I let my hand go from his, "I'm looking for inspiration for my next project," I answered while holding my hand onto my belt laying on my hip.