Chapter 53: Dinner Guest

Start from the beginning

"Mochou came up with the design and I built it."

"Really? Sister-in-law Mochou is definitely a weird one."

"Don't call him weird." Yichen said with his fist raised and ready to smack his younger brother again. Yi Cusn wasn't an idiot. He quickly circled around the chicken coop and avoided his brother's fist.

"Keep acting like a violent grump and sister-in-law Mochou will hate you." Yi Xuan retorted from the other side of the new chicken coop.

"Shut up and leave." Yichen commanded his younger brother. The longer his brother stayed the more annoyed he started to feel.

"Why should I?"

"This is my home." Yichen said.

"And I came to visit." Yi Xuan stated with a smirk.

"That's not what I meant." Yichen snapped. The atmosphere was growing more tense by the second.

"Yichen, what's going on?" Mochou asked when he saw both brothers glaring at each other.

"Nothing. Yi Xuan was just leaving." Yichen said after flashing a snide grin towards his brother.

"Really? I made a lot of food and was wondering if Yi Xuan wanted to join us for dinner." Mochou mentioned unaware of Yichen's desire to have his brother leave.

"Mochou, you're so nice. I'd love to join you guys for dinner." Yi Xuan exclaimed with a bright smile.

"We are having pork bone soup with noodles and stir fry vegetables for dinner. I hope you don't mind." Mochou said when he remembered how Yichen reacted when he first mentioned having noodles for dinner.

"I love noodles." Yi Xuan said with enthusiasm. He then headed towards Mochou with plans of eating dinner together.

"Why is my damn little brother getting in the way of our private time? Doesn't he realize we are newlyweds? Tch! So annoying!" Yichen thought as he watched his brother run over to Mochou's side.

He was frustrated with the fact that Yi Xuan was joining them for dinner. He was frustrated but he wouldn't object to it because it was Mochou who had inviting him.

"Yichen, are you coming?" Mochou asked when he noticed Yichen wasn't following them.
"I'm coming." Yichen said with a smile that hid his inner thoughts about his brother.

Mochou placed three large bowls full of pork bone soup and thick noodles on the table in front of each of them. In the center he added a plate of stir fry vegetables and some pickled bamboo shoots. It wasn't anything special but Mochou was confident in the flavour.

Despite his confidence, Yi Xuan looked around the table a little disappointed.

"What's wrong?" Mochou asked a little worried he had done something wrong.

"Nothing. I was just wondering if you had any buns?" Yi Xuan said in a light easygoing tone.

"Sorry, no buns."

"Shut up and eat. You ungrateful parasite" Yichen wanted to say but he held his tongue, took a deep breath, and sipped his bone soup.

"Mochou, the soup is really delicious." Yichen said after a few sips.

"Really? It's not too salty is it?"

"Not at all. It's perfectly seasoned. The best I've ever had." Yichen said.

Yi Xuan looked at his brother acting all sweet and nice with his spouse. While quietly observing the two of them he sat back and began eating his own soup.