"On the couch?" he looked at her like she had lost his mind. "I thought couples were supposed to sleep together?"

Her cheeks flushed when he said those words. That was the first time he was saying something about them being married. They had been acting like business partners in the house.

"Oh," she stood up from where she had already laid and reluctantly walked to the bed.

She lay on the bed, feeling nervous as hell. When she was settled, Xavier switched off the light and she started feeling him coming closer. She wasn't sure what he was about to do, so she stayed still.

He wrapped his hand around her waist when he had gotten close enough. Her pulse quickened and she felt the heat course through her quickly.

"You are shaking" he whispered and she immediately felt the tingles. His hot breath against her skin was like heaven. "I can feel it Amelia"

The sudden urge to turn around and have a taste of his lips came to her, but she was able to calm it down. She should be grateful Xavier finally saw her as a wife for once. At first, she was uncomfortable and nervous, but with time., She relaxed.

The reason Xavier did that, was to check if he truly felt something for her. For him to have married a woman, it only meant he must have loved her so much.

Xavier didn't expect to feel anything, but the moment he wrapped his hand around her waist, he felt the heat course through his veins. That was the last reaction he had expected.

All his life, he had never been turned on by a woman before, but Amelia was different. At that point, he couldn't understand his body anymore. He also couldn't understand the kind of power the woman he was holding possessed. It felt so good that he felt the urge to stay there for as long as he could.

Maybe he did love her.

****

Lucas was stunned when the door to his office opened and Erica walked in. She had always been elegant and comported, but this time, she was disorganized and looked extremely worried.

"What the fuck happened to you? you look like you haven't slept for days" he said as he watched her take a seat opposite his.

"You are not wrong," she pointed out. "I need your help"

"What do you need help with?"

Erica rummaged her hand through her bag and brought out her phone. "I need this man dead," she said, showing him the picture of Martin's guard.

"Slow down. Why would you want him dead?"

Tears gathered in her eyes. " He is Martin's guard"

"Martin's guard?" He asked in disbelief.

"And he is stalking me. He won't let me breathe. As we speak he is outside, waiting for me and has a tracking device on my phone to check if I'm going to run away"

"Wait, slow down," he begged, because he couldn't understand anything she said. "How do you know Martin?" he doubted if it was the same Martin he knew because the one he knew was too heartless and crazy for Erica to be around.

"Are you going to help me or not?" she was already getting angry. Part of her anger was to prevent Lucas from asking too many questions because there was no way she could tell him she once ganged up with Martin which led to the scandal. The scandal wasn't her fault, but she still felt guilty.

"Martin wants Xavier dead" she blurted out and regretted it almost immediately. She feared Martin would find out she tried to ruin his plans. The last thing she wanted was Martin's wrath. She had already had enough of it and she was close to breaking down.