"His brakes were tampered with. It is so unlikely for a car like that to have that kind of accident. The police are still investigating the case"

Amelia couldn't understand who would want to do something like this. Xavier could be difficult but didn't deserve death.

"How long is the surgery going to take?"

"he had so many injuries and he has to undergo multiple surgeries" Daphne, who had not said a word since said beside her.

Amelia needed to breathe because the air was choking. She needed to clear her head because all this was happening so fast. She went back to Peter who she left at the reception.

The moment he saw her, he stood up from his seat in anticipation of hearing what she had to say. With the way her eyes were red and puffy, it was obvious she didn't have any good news.

"What did the doctor say?"

"They wouldn't let me see him. He is currently under surgery and I am scared Peter" she settled beside peter.

"What happened?"

"Brake failure. Lucas says it was a sabotage"

"Someone wanted to kill Xavier?"

Her lips became too heavy to produce words. The only thing she could do was nod incessantly.

"I'm so scared" she leaned on her seat with genuine fear visible in his eyes.

"The Xavier I have seen and the one you have talked about is a fighter. He wouldn't just give up on you and his family. He loves you so much"

She leaned closer and hugged Peter. She didn't know what else to do. "Thank you Peter" She mumbled in his chest.

Amelia leaned back in her seat. Her eyes gradually became heavy and with time, they closed. Even though she wanted to stay awake, she couldn't beat nature. She hadn't had any good sleep since she left Xavier's house. Each time she craved sleep, it always didn't work out because she kept thinking about him.

When she woke up, she instantly felt a wave of reality hit her. Her head was still resting on Peter. She looked around at where she was and she almost cried again.

Immediately, she stood up. "How long have I been asleep?"

"2 hours". Peter replied after checking his watch for the time.

"Oh God" she exclaimed and started running towards Xavier's ward once again. Peter, this time didn't let her go alone. He followed her.

She got to the place. Lucas, Daphne, and the other lady were nowhere to be found, so she ran toward the ward without thinking.

The surgery was over. Lucas and Daphne were Speaking to the doctor while another Doctor sat with Xavier who was now awake. Her heart leaped for joy as she went to his bedside.

He looked at her. She smiled at him, but he did nothing as he peeled his eyes off her. Amelia didn't read any meaning to it. Maybe he was still trying to process his surrounding. She didn't know how long the surgery took or when it was over. All she cared about was Xavier was alive and well.

"What is this?" she heard the doctor ask him, raising a pen. By now Daphne and Lucas were standing by her side, including the lady. They all stared at Xavier in anticipation.

"A pen" he replied faintly. His voice sounded strained.

"What color is this?" the doctor asked still holding the pen.

"Blue"

"What is your name?"

"Xavier Callum"

The doctor turned to look at the three of us. He pointed at Lucas. "Who is this?"