He turned to look at her. After a while, he finally spoke.

"Let's go" he demanded coldly and confusion swept through her. He was the one who kissed her, and now he was acting as though she was the one who initiated the kiss.

"I'm not going with you," she stood her ground. He turned to look at her, but she didn't let the look on his face intimidate her. If he was the one who made her angry, then he might as well have to take responsibility for it and not blame her.

"And why is that?"

"You can't be mad at me"

"And who's said I'm mad"

"The look on your face and I know it's because of the kiss" tears welled up in her eyes. "Do I disgust you that much?" she yelled as the tears rolled down her cheek. Great anger coursed through her.

"Amelia stop," he begged with softened eyes

"No, Xavier, you stop. Stop making me feel the way I feel, uncomfortable and useless. You kissed me, and now you just succeeded in making me feel unwanted, like you always fucking do!".

"What are you saying, Amelia?"

"Words and you are not fucking listening!" she screamed at him. Xavier groaned in frustration as he rummaged his hands through his hair, breathing out sharply from his mouth.

"Let's go, Amelia" he tried holding her wrist, but she withdrew it. "So this is how it is now? Fucking suit yourself then!" he roared in anger and in a split second, he was making his way across the field, leaving her broken.

"So selfish," she said amidst a whimper and fell to the floor, crying and uprooting the grass that was around her.

She felt her heart shatter. Xavier was the reason. He just had a way of making her feel distraught. She was always exposed to his cruelty. Although he might have no idea what he was doing, it had a lot of effect on her.

There was no way she could hide it anymore. No matter how hard she tried to, it was almost impossible. There were no other words for her actions and reaction apart from her being madly in love with Xavier.

It was the basic truth and that was the only explanation for every feeling that coursed through her whenever she came in slight contact with him, whenever they kissed. That was also the explanation of the way she felt when they kissed.

Part of the reason she was as mad was, she was already in love with him before she realized that she didn't know the kind of person he was. He just bought a gun and was probably dangerous.

"Are you okay?" Amelia heard from behind as she raised her head to see who it was. The face wasn't familiar but seemed nice.

Her head was already crammed with a lot and perceptions were the last thing she wanted to do. He kneeled to her level as his dark eyes peeked into hers. His brunette hair appeared too long as it almost retarded his visions. He occasionally kept on tucking it beneath his ears

"Do you need help?" He asked with an English accent. Amelia instantly realized he wasn't from California. The ability to talk left her as she just gaped at him

"Where do you stay?" he asked again. A part of Amelia felt awful at the fact that she kept him quiet despite the fact he was trying to help. He came from the auction.

"I'm fine, you don't need to bother about me"

"Are you sure?" he asked with concern and she nodded in response.

"You can leave, I just want to take some air" she flashed me a comforting smile and he just stared at her puzzled. She understood why he looked at her like that. Tears were flowing down her cheek, yet she kept on saying she was fine. He probably saw her as a lunatic.