Chapter 467

She takes a step closer to the glass window of the octagonal reception center and continues to speak in the same tone.

"First of all... I thank you for saving me and everyone else that was captured by these horrible men. However, my eyes are sharper than anyone here. I'm not agreeing to any terms before you explain to me what kind of unique powers you're using and what you're really after in this city. Why did you save us?"

I stare back at her as she confidently makes her way toward the table.

Her tan skin and dark hair, cut short at the shoulders, contrast with the empty guild hall and white flooring.

"You want the honest truth? I can answer your last question much more easily than the first. I saved you all purely by chance. I needed a resource-dense and highly secluded place to call my home base, and with the recent disappearance of this Sector's leader, his old hideout and production town seemed to be the perfect place to take over. There just happened to be a gang of thieves and slave drivers inhabiting this town, and you all are lucky enough to have the option of working for me now, or going off back to your old lives."

I pause for a moment but continue while activating my All-Seeing Eye's ability to scan her energy flow up close, while imbuing a small amount of Qi around my eyes to see even further.

"My abilities that you ask of on the other hand, I'm afraid I can't go into details about them to strangers."

As I finish my sentence, I also finish my scan, and find that the same odd sensation of something more than mana in a light shade of bluish-white circulating throughout her body. It's most dense around her eyes and brain.

She puts out a hand to shake in front of me by the gap in the glass.

"Well then, my name's Luna! We're not strangers anymore, are we? Your power looks just like my old village leader's. I haven't seen anyone wield it since then..."

I don't shake her hand, because there's no deal being made here. And on top of that, there is no silent notification that rings when someone new has joined my Rising Emperor's Domain.

She doesn't trust me...

I ponder how familiar her name sounds while giving a response.

"Nice to meet you too, but my terms are mandatory. Pledge your loyalty to me as your leader if you'd like to stay in my city, or reject my offer and I'll bring you back to Solara to start a new life. It doesn't matter who you are or what powers you have, trust and loyalty is the only thing I care about. So, Luna was it? Wait- Luna..."

Once I say her name out loud, a story Arie told me earlier before his Demonic Energy training comes to mind, and her weird Soul Energy-like power starts to make sense to me.

My eyes widen and I pose the only question I can think of.

"Arie. You know Arie, don't you? The archer with spirit arrows..."

Another memory from the grunts' conversation earlier when I was doing my surveillance of this town comes flashing back to me. They said that this woman was captured fleeing from a small village that was overrun by the Abyss in Sector 4.

That sounds exactly like Arie's hometown backstory, and this woman's ability, name, and circumstances line up too perfectly to be a mere coincidence.

She responds with widened eyes too.

"I- How- How do you know Arie?"

Her face turns pale, and the life seems to drain out of her.

"What-What have you done to Arie? Who are you people?"