Chapter 399

-------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Wattpad has a 200-chapter book limit, so I've split this series into multiple parts. If you're continuing Dungeon Diver from the first 398 chapters, welcome back!

If you're new here, click my profile to find the first 2 parts of this story and start on chapter 1!

Thanks for reading, enjoy:)

-------------------------------------------

I pull my hand out of the darkness right through the path it entered, and tight within my grasp is the orange beating heart.

It's hot to the touch, and the skin on my hand and arms is continuously being melted off and regenerated with my skills.

My mana stores are draining a dense supply from the creature's main power source, and my HP is being brought up to full over and over again as well.

Red Aura from my Hydra's buff is constantly flowing down my arm to refill the areas that are being burned away, and portions of the Wraith's black swirling energy body swirl toward the heart in my grip. Piles of its shattered bones gravitate toward me, but I don't hesitate to activate more of my skills.

Black flames cover the heart while spears of pink mana, stone, and ice are all forced through it as I air-step upward and hold the glowing mass to the sky.

In the same instant, I activate one of my oldest skills, Equivalent Exchange. The ability allows me to sacrifice as much of my own HP as I want in order to do the equivalent amount of damage on an opponent.

It only works when I can maintain contact with the target until the skill activates. This is the perfect moment to do so.

I input over half of my HP as collateral, and a blinding white light forms in my palm. My full body pulses, and I feel my health disappear instantaneously. However, with my lifesteal skill still activated, more HP soon returns.

After this barrage of attacks, the orange heart still glows... but once the casing of mana flames and elemental spears all fall from the punctured and battered heart, the bright orange light begins to dim.

Its bones and dark body attempt to follow me upward even further as I near the top of the dome, but its movements slow and the bright light flickers like a candle at the end of its wick.

I grasp it tighter, using a reinforced layer of legendary grade hydra infused body hardening in my grip, and finally, the heart bursts into pieces, and the light goes out.

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[1/13 Wraiths Defeated]

The outer flesh-like layer of the heart begins to dissolve into thin air the instant I hear all of the level-up notifications going off in my inner ear, bringing me to level 644. With it, the remaining orange soul energy leaves with it, drifting higher into the air and leaving my grasp. However, I still feel something round and extremely hard left in my hand.

I release my soul-crushing grip and my appraisal skill scans the clear marble-sized stone left in my hand.

[Wraith's Essence Stone][+155% Mental Strength][Hidden Passive Ability]