Chapter 440

The static voice echoes in my head as the six black armored guards float in the air closer toward me.

"It looks like you've begun to clean up the Sector 2 Leader's mess for us. How thoughtful."

As they get closer, I'm positive this is the exact same guard that talked to me in the Arena. At that time, its speed and power far surpassed mine.

The mental image of it blipping in and out of existence faster than my eyes could see, and it telling me that the Wraith I defeated was the weakest of the 13 Dark Guards is a memory that has not left the forefront of my mind. It has been lingering in my subconscious throughout all of the training inside the Titan's Domain both times since I fought one of these monsters last.

Even while using my full strength and even the help of my Red Hydra's Buff, I left that match in a very weak state. However, I'm a far different fighter now than I was then. To them, it has barely been 2 days, but to me, I've been training and absorbing more Mana and Qi for almost a year.

I feel the telepathy link get severed between us, and the largest Guard motions a hand forward toward me.

One of the more human-sized sets of armor comes floating my way at over twice the speed of the others behind it in the rigid formation.

The eye slit in its armor begins to glow orange, and I see two orbs of familiar black energy forming in both of its hands. As it plummets down toward the town, I make the split decision to jump high into the sky using air-steps to put distance between everything below me.

Before I even get 20 meters into the sky, the black orbs that gave me so much trouble in the Arena come shooting my way.

I manage to get a full inspect and appraisal reading on only the approaching guard. Everyone else is too far away and their concealment items are too strong for me to get any kind of efficient data.

Everything on the approaching Corrupted Royal Guard says [??? Access Denied] other than its level rating at [Lv. 835] and a [Curse of The Lich King] mark in its buff section.

My eyes widen, and I immediately activate all my buffs that don't overly consume mana while imbuing my sword with Qi.

This is a higher level than the Wraith that was the so-called weakest Dark Guard... With the reappearance of the same kind of magic, as well as the identical Soul Energy Buff, I'm assuming this is at least the 12th in line.

Once I reach the height of about 100 meters above the city square, the Approaching Dark Guard's two orbs of energy curve downward and accelerate even more as its wielder already begins to form two more attacks in its hands following close behind.

I grip my blade and watch the orbs approach, but can't help but to smile beneath my flaming mask as the Orbs look like they're traveling in slow motion to me right now.

I want to laugh out loud while Easily Airstepping around the motion-tracking orbs, activating extreme speed and using my immense increase in mana control and wind magic upgrade to easily swerve and glide through the air to avoid the two attacks.

I still have my Qi barrier on, limiting my mana control to 50% of its full strength, and the ease at which I'm able to dodge and keep an eye on the approaching Black Armored Knight is quite surprising.

The last time I faced these orbs, using 100% of my mana control with my Red Hydra's buff activated, It was barely enough for me to slip away. Now, it's hardly a warmup.

It lets out two more orbs of dark energy my way, and finally gets close enough to me that I can see it hovering and watching me dodge without having to use my enemy detection perk to see it from afar.