Chapter 428

My gaze tightens as I conduct a full body scan with my All-Seeing Eye on the tan-skinned archer who walks through the room and sits down in the last remaining empty seat in front of Lith's desk.

I'm not sure what I was expecting to see, but I'm surprised to find no Demon's Core inside Arie's body. With the amount of used-up Demonic Energy lingering around in his aura, it seems as if he just finished up a battle with a Demonic Creature.

Only one other possibility enters my mind as I open my telepathic link with him.

"Have you been training in the Abyss?"

His gaze quickly turns to meet mine, and he replies through our link.

"I have... but it hasn't been easy. How'd you know?"

I nod and look back to Lith, but reply through our link.

"I can sense the remnants of defeated Demonic Creatures all over you. You can see them?"

Arie looks back toward Lith too, answering but making it seem as if we're not even talking.

"I can sense them, yes, and the more I fight them, I can see them more. However, I've found normal mana attacks are very dangerous to use inside the Abyss. I have to use my ranked-up buff as well as the red hydra's power to take them out without harming myself."

I think to myself for a moment as silence in the room continues to settle. I knew Arie's skill was always a bit unique. Spirit Arrows aren't exactly a skill that I've ever seen in anyone else, and with his new ranked-up buff to manipulate this energy allowing him to hunt Demonic Creatures, it must come with some odd special effects too. The last comment about the red hydra's soul energy aiding his fights makes the most sense, however, I still have a lot of questions I'd like to ask.

"Let's talk after this meeting, I'm sure we have some insight to share about the Abyss."

He gives a small nod.

"Of course, you're the only other person that's even acknowledged the monsters in there are real. We definitely have a lot to talk about."

As his words echo in my mind, Lith talks out loud to all of us sitting in the chairs in front of his desk.

"Looks like the whole crew is finally all together in one place. Now, let's get down to business and finish up these final negotiations. We have a continent to conquer, don't we?"

His gaze turns to me, and I reply, rehashing the same deals we spoke of in our last 2 negotiation conversations, moving back and forth on the numbers a few more times before we come to a final agreement.

I restate it out loud while standing up and putting out my right hand to shake his.

"So, before we discuss the actual details of Sector 2, let's get our numbers straight. We will keep 100% of the profits from all trade deals with the other sectors and regions from the mainland outside the walls. The only exception will be trades to Sector 1. You will only pay the price it costs my craftsmen to make it up to 100 Platinum per month in product. After that, it's 50% off market price indefinitely as long as I still retain a 30% or greater profit margin on those goods."

Lith nods and brings his hand closer, replying.

"Yes, and in return, I am allowed to post as many guards as I wish around the Sector 2 Territory, but none will be allowed within 500 meters of your main distribution center or base of operations wherever it may be. Along with this, you may hire your own craftsmen and do as you wish as long as I continue receiving the product I need to maintain my business here in Sector 1. My mercenaries need gear, and the shops and businesses I sell to need my product as well."