Chapter 401

After a long rest, my eyes finally open.

The white void of the isolation pod that surrounds me fills my vision, and I take in a deep breath of mana-infused air.

I'm unsure how much time exactly has passed, but I do know there can't be more than 24 hours remaining.

Based on how my joints, muscles, and bones feel, I assume I just slept for roughly 10 to 12 hours. With the massive influx of mana, it's almost like I've used my hibernation skill to heal all my fatigue and injuries.

I take off the remains of my salamander's cloak and sigh, placing it into my item storage and freeing up a new slot in my gear possibilities.

Considering the fact that I usually only use one weapon per fight, and I hold my wind daggers and midnight dagger on me as backup to switch out. I could technically add on gear in these areas too. So, I could add two new items, possibly just leaving one slot open in case I want to wield two blades at once.

I take out my sword and examine my armor as well, making sure my blood-bonded weapons have all properly healed and let out a sigh of relief once they do. I murmur under my breath.

"Looks like I just need a new cloak... and maybe something to protect my hands."

I don't want to go through that horrific pain again. I need to get stronger gear to prepare for a fight with a being with those heightened Soul Energy capabilities.

Most importantly, I need to raise my Qi Capacity, and fast...

With a sigh, I sit down in the lotus position inside the pod, and begin to tap into the same feeling Monk showed me when I practiced Qi gathering in the monastery.

There is far less Qi in the air here, but I can still sense an unusually high amount.

It's actually much more than the open air outside, and as my mind slips away to a calm state of being, my subconscious gets to work.

I took a Qi pill before entering the pod, and a rush of energy filled my core to the brim. All of the excess energy slowly seeped out of my body because I can't hold anything above my natural saturation point.

However, this is a closed-door pod, almost like a miniature pocket world.

I can faintly sense traces of Qi leaving through the borders of the containment casing, but a majority of it is staying inside.

It circulates around the small white room, and continuously lands on the outer layer of my body.

I'm only capable of naturally gathering Qi so fast. The absorption rate is more instinctual like breathing rather than an active action.

While my eyes are closed, and I concentrate on the circulation of Qi throughout my body, the Qi in the atmosphere naturally gravitates toward me at a faster rate. The difference between sitting and cultivating and walking through an area high in Qi density is not astronomical, but it is noticeable.

My only drawback is time.

After another few hours of gentle gathering and relaxation pass, my mind gradually falls back into the confusing spiral of replaying the fight with the Wraith over and over in my head.

I need a major power-up, and I need it now.

I fall in and out of a restless Qi gathering cycle for the remainder of the time in this pod, but for some reason, everything clicks the moment the metal door of the pod opens on its own in front of me.

Mana and Qi are released from the small containment pod, and I whisper under my breath.

"I need to go back to the Titan's Domain."