Chapter 457

I take the Isolation Pod I've been working on all this time out of my storage and allow my double to place it inside its own.

It blips away, back to the Wild Boar dungeon to perform its test.

I wait patiently for about a minute, then the memories of my body double successfully inputting the stone into the machine just like a mana crystal, then killing itself to quickly rely the information come rushing back to me.

"It worked."

I teleport the three of us back into the Wild Boar Dungeon, and sitting in the center of the 300-meter-wide dirt crater that's destroyed the jungle is a lightly humming isolation pod. At the sight of the massive hole, and the mana content in the air dropping by a noticeable amount, this test was a great success.

The Pod's door is left wide open, and the containment cell at the top is now magnitudes denser with mana than it was before.

White plumes of pure mana charge the shielding barriers, and it now looks a lot more like the Isolation Pods that we used back in the Galeheart Tower.

The glowing blue text only visible to my all-seeing eye hovering over the control panel now says [Current Dilation: 9.0957x].

I let the machine fall into my item storage then turn to Ember and place a hand on his shoulder while pulling another stone out into the open air.

"We'll do it again."

I imbue a nearly identical black flaming stone with Ember's Mythic grade Plunderer skill and dungeon walk us out of there before the reaction can fully begin.

A few minutes later, I dungeon walk back in to find the crater has grown far larger, the dungeon is less dense with pure mana, and another saturated stone sits at the crater's center.

The contained mana inside is similar to the last stone.

[Current MP Containment]: 7.4255B/7.4255B

I let it drop into my inventory and pull out another, wanting to saturate all the stones I can as fast as possible while it's working so well.

Another 5 tests go by, taking less than 20 minutes in total, and each of them saturates another stone with varying potencies between 7 and 8 billion MP.

Every time I return to the dungeon, the affected area grows less and less dense with mana.

Using my high level of perception, even the areas of the dungeon that are not directly affected by the plunder radius are weakening and becoming less dense with mana every time I return.

Even the levels of newly spawned in monsters are lowering.

What used to be a flourishing jungle region with level 50-60 boars quickly fell below level 30s for new spawns halfway through; on the test before this one, some of the mobs even spawned in at lower than level 10.

The dungeon is in bad shape. Its artificial landscape is ripped to shreds, and most of its mana completely absorbed.

As I walk down the crater to fetch the stone, I do a deep scan of my surroundings and find that there's more mana trapped in this single stone than there is remaining in the entire dungeon.

The newest group of spawned-in mobs I detect are between level 2 and 3.

As I let the saturated stone fall into my inventory, I think about taking out one of the two stones remaining but turn to Ember before I do.

"There isn't enough mana to fully saturate another stone. Our best course of action will probably be to find another rogue dungeon to drain."

He nods, smiling with his arms crossed.