Chapter 458

The visual of the white crystal dissolving into the air plays over and over in my mind. I wouldn't have managed to catch it, or even sense it, if I wasn't specifically looking for it.

I'm almost positive I just managed to finally obtain one of the most valuable magic items in the world.

However, I'm going to need to replicate this process again and bring it back to a safe place for some test crafts before I can be 100% sure. Considering this, I don't bother to mention my find to the others until I'm certain of this discovery's legitimacy. For now, I'll stay focused on the main task at hand.

We fly back to the abyss where Aries' doubles are still training, and I create a double of my own to send off to the canyon to go and farm the 39th floor for more stones.

After that recent rank up, my mana control has drastically increased again, so I'm confident I'll be able to defeat the Mutant Elite Minotaurs even without using Qi.

Once my double is off, Arie gets back to training with his doubles and practicing concentrated Demonic Energy control in his main body. I lay back on the side of a desert sand dune and watch the sunset with Ember standing close by, admiring the final golden glow before the desert turns to night.

The only visible light on the horizon is the town full of workers, grunts, and one of my body doubles standing in as me, The Flame Emperor, keeping everyone in line.

After almost half an hour of calm silence staring off into the open desert, my next plan of action comes together. I finally speak up to Ember and point toward the town.

"Want to see another project I'm working on? I'm curious to see the progress myself."

"I sense almost 400 humans in that village. If that's what you're talking about, then yes I'm very interested."

I get to my feet and look over to Arie still hard at work training with his doubles, but he senses we're up to something so he drains his core temporarily to speak.

"Go off to the town if you want, don't let me hold you back. I just need a few more hours and I think I'll be able to break past this next plateau. I just need more practice. I'm confident enough to train in my main body, so leave me here and I'll meet you guys there once I'm too tired to train on. I know my limits."

I give him a nod, and look back toward the canyon.

"Keep an eye on the dungeons too, there's still 6 active breaks in there. If any monster overflow occurs, it'd be helpful if you could get rid of them before they escape too far. Also, my double should be getting back from Valor City in the near future with all our teammates, bring them to the town if they arrive."

"You got it."

Ember and I head off toward the town while Arie continues to train by the Abyss.

The closer we get, the more the bright lights of the town below begin to shine, and structures that were not previously in such good shape begin to come into my field of view.

I use conceal to create the Elegant Flame Emperor Appearance I left with, and put up my Qi barrier, increasing the density considering the low amount I have left to use. Even with 20% of my base left, it is still more than enough to shield my aura. Ember suppresses his mana control as well, and we both touch down in the middle of town.

We find ourselves standing in the middle of the main square. An enormous octagonal stone structure has been built around the fountain in the middle of the town with 8 doors and large windows that all lead into it from any side one approaches.

It towers 3 stories high, is almost 25 meters in diameter, and looks to be built from very sturdy stone summoned and molded by earth magic. It's decorated and brightly lit up with orbs of light on its outsides and entrances.