Chapter 449

"The Vice City Labyrinth is probably the most convenient place to start."

I think over the logistics in my head.

At the level of monsters I'll be fighting on floor 30 and above, each mana crystal dropped holds almost 1000 MP, give or take a few hundred. At this rate, every 100 monsters I farm will drop 100k MP, and with enough body doubles working at full speed, I can most likely keep that steady rate of killing and collecting loot to 5 minutes per 100 monsters.

Maybe I could push it further, but for the sake of my estimates, that's just over 1 million MP per hour.

That's not nearly enough to power these machines to the capacity I'm aiming for, but it's enough to do some tests and kill 2 birds with one stone.

I'm still on a time crunch here, not knowing when the Dark One will catch onto the fact that I killed the 7th Ranked Dark Guard. It'd be best to listen to Ember's warning and take it very seriously. While I'm in the labyrinth, I'll try to make it to level 1000 as fast as possible.

This is a more achievable and guaranteed way to gain power quickly. Testing out these isolation pods is more of a long-term project.

As I come to this conclusion, Arie glows white off to my side about 10 meters away, creating another double as it seems one of his clones fell victim to the sparks again when pushing too hard on training.

He speaks up.

"Maybe taking a break and going into the labyrinth is a good idea. I think I'm plateauing here for some reason."

I raise an eyebrow.

"How so?"

"I've sped up my refinement and release speed like you instructed, and have been doing it repetitively with my doubles non-stop while you were working on that pod. However, I've come to a bit of a bottleneck. There's no way I'm able to form this energy into a concentrated slash like you did, it feels like it's just liquid flowing from my body at its own will. It doesn't matter how much Demonic Energy I saturate into my core, even a full 60 units doesn't change my excretion speed. Is there such a thing as Demonic Energy Control? Does it just take time and practice?"

I ponder his question and realize I never had this issue because I'm able to use the Demonic Energy Manipulation skill to expedite this process.

"Yeah, there may be, but I believe it goes hand in hand with increasing your mana control as well. The better you are at controlling and manipulating energy in general, the faster you'll be able to progress here."

My gaze turns back to the canyon filled with dungeons.

"Let's head off to phase 2 of your training. We'll raise your level up to what your skill actually reflects, and in the meantime, I'll show you another one of my skills that will help you improve your mana control at a very fast rate. That will probably get you past this plateau quickly. Otherwise, I think you'd have to stay here and channel Demonic Energy for a few weeks straight to improve your control naturally. Either way, you'll be getting a lot stronger."

On that note, I put the Isolation Pod into my storage, and we begin making our way back to the canyon.

As we reach the edge, I pinpoint my third double zipping from dungeon to dungeon, making the stone magic markings outside each stable portal with detailed notes of what level creatures are in each one and what items they drop.

I open my telepathy link and tell it to come here, stating there has been a change of plans.

Once it does, I kill it on the spot, letting all the memories of the past day of dungeon diving rush back to me.