Chapter 408

"Considering we're in the 10-week training season of the year, the monastery allows each individual a maximum of 3 Qi Pills per week. There are over 30 members just working here, helping with cooking, cleaning, and maintenance; consuming an average of 1 pill every 2 weeks. On top of that, roughly 20 of us do extensive training, using the full 3-pill max; we run through about 75 Pills a week in total. However, in the off-season, we consume little to none, only taking in Qi from the gathering rooms."

I respond with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, so you go through hundreds without much issue on draining your supply?"

"Yes, and no. This is only in response to the Dark One's recent changes to the city. There are some exceptions like me; I bring in most of our income, so I'm allowed to restore my Qi before tournament battles. Plus, some of us sent out on missions away from the city take larger portions of pills along. And of course, I've made an exception for you three."

Monk bows his head at each of us before continuing.

"We would be rationing our supply much more heavily if there was no immediate threat. There is only so much stored up in the supply chamber, and we run through them faster than they can be created. We have to think of our future at all times."

I nod slowly.

"But if I helped rid you of this impending threat, cutting into a chunk of your supply wouldn't be the end of the world. Let me do a test with a two-week supply, 150 pills. It won't go to waste."

Staring forward with a confident expression, I eagerly await Monk's response. Considering his explanation of their pill usage, this whole monastery uses up 750 total pills in their training season, and most likely not much more than 1000 in a given year. I know 150 may be a lot to gift to a random person who showed up this week, but going back into that Titan's domain just to raise my base by 10 pills worth of Qi doesn't seem worth another 6 months of perceived time.

Monk responds with little to no hesitation in his voice.

"This is fine. It seems like a good investment. I'll retrieve them after our meal."

Then, he takes another bite as I grin.

"Excellent. That was easy."

Our meal finishes, and the conversation is mostly a few questions about what my Qi gathering technique is, but I deflect it multiple times to say it's a work in progress before the topic switches to the items Maria and Abby farmed and both of their advancements to level 645.

Once Monk gets up to retrieve the pills, Maria turns to me and speaks in a low tone so no one can hear.

"We should stop by the restaurant in the gold district before we go to the fighting ring tonight. I want to craft some new items with our loot."

I agree to the idea, but break the news that I'd like to go experiment more with Qi gathering while they fight in the arena. Monk overhears the end of our conversation as he returns with a large metallic rectangular box in hand.

"Well, we have about an hour and a half until the matches begin. If you don't show tonight, it may build your fighter hype even further. Just leaving without a word of goodbye after a record-breaking match like that is a good marketing stunt. Higher-ups in the platinum district will surely be curious where you've gone, and many fans will be waiting for your return."

I shrug.

"I'll be back to give them a real show once I'm ready."

After I accept the large metallic box and place it under my robe, Maria, Abby, and I head out of the monastery as Monk waves us goodbye.