Chapter 460

I expand my all-seeing eye's visual range and watch the woman with the unique skill slip away back into one of the houses, quickly moving away from my gaze.

The thought of flying over there and confronting her about her skill and why she was watching me crosses my mind, but it would make sense why she would be curious and want to see what the mysterious man in the flaming suit that took over their captor's operation is doing.

That's what perception skills are for; she might as well use it if she can. It's not like I'm doing anything I don't want her or any of the others to see. So, I'll leave her be.

I do a quick scan of all the rescued workers in the surrounding safe houses and find that half are asleep, many are restless, and others are huddled together and talking to each other in small groups.

Most of them have average basic skills like swordsmanship, dagger arts, and various speed or strength buffs, but a few have interesting unique skills, and even 3% or so have some kind of elemental ability.

Everyone is very low level and won't be useful to me in the immediate future, but I'm looking forward to talking to each and every one of them once the sun rises tomorrow.

Letting out a sigh, I deactivate my scanning senses and turn my attention back to the grunts.

"Now for you 20, I have some labor for you to do. Drink up, then follow me. We're building a road."

I use telekinesis to give each of them very small vials of a highly potent bottle of elixir to drink, and they gulp them down without batting an eye and follow just as I ask. As we walk, I ask a few of them to search the looted warehouses we pass on the way to get 20 empty wooden carts because they'll be carrying a few things for me.

Once we get to the edge of town where the stone road stops, we face in the direction of the canyon.

There's a long and winding narrow pathway, only visible to my advanced eyesight in the dark of night. Even in daylight, it's not much of a path, so if I want this to be better for high volume travel, I need to make it myself.

I begin replicating the technique my body double used earlier to make the dimly glowing orbs of light that are fixed on every corner of the inner city.

It's a combination of many kinds of magic. I use earth magic to lift small balls of sand up into the air, fire magic to turn them all into molten material, then a combination of wind and water magic to blow the molten sand into glass and cool it into a sphere shape that stays solid.

Once this process is complete, I take a single high-grade mana crystal and place it inside. Then, imbue both the materials with my [Flash] skill to make the mana crystal glow dimly.

With the small output of light compared to my actual flash skill, the mana usage isn't immense, but the makeshift mana bulbs will run out of energy eventually. All I have to do to recharge them is feed the item another mana crystal, or imbue some of my own mana inside.

It's a design in progress. I may come up with better lighting ideas in the future, but these are perfect for now.

Once I make about 100 glowing orbs of light and set them neatly in the sand nearby, I turn to the 20 men behind me and give them another order.

"Follow behind me as I make this road."

I pause, using my earth summoning skill again, and placing hundreds of kilograms worth of stone in the back of every one of the grunts' wooden carts.

"As I make the road, I need all of you to stress test it for me. There is going to be a lot of traffic on this path. I want to make sure it's ready."

With a smirk, I float up into the air, carrying all 100 orbs of light around me using telekinesis.