Chapter 438

*Clink*

The man in the red suit of armor has spiky ginger hair and bright blue eyes.

"Brother, we're finally going to break into the big leagues after this one! I can't believe the entire stash of that old Sector 2 leader was left out to rot in the desert."

The man in the green armor sports a buzzcut, and his black eyes match the color of the short trim. His facial features make him look a bit older than his orange-haired brother.

"It only took us a few days to get this town under control, and the progress today will clear out most of the surface warehouses."

Their analysis enchantment is still active despite their armor helmets being off, but just by the sound of their voices and levels, it's clear that both the leader of the Crimson Dagger and the Green Mist sitting together at a table are celebrating their success.

This revelation was definitely in the realm of possibilities that I was thinking up, but the fact that they're brothers, and so blatantly manipulating their grunts to do their dirty work is surprising.

Both of them drink their entire glass of alcohol, and the man in the green armor pours them both another.

He speaks up as they clink glasses again.

"So, how should we go about moving forward from here? This distribution city is by far our most profitable plunder yet. I say we play it cool after this one, don't want anyone getting too hot on our tail."

The ginger man nods and replies after taking a drink.

"Agreed."

He thinks to himself for a moment, and I reach into my item storage to pull out a glossy blue gem as he does.

Still under the protection of my stealth skill, I channel MP into the recording crystal Lith gifted me before I left. The information that's about to be shared seems like details that these two don't ever want escaping this bunker, and I intend to use it to my advantage.

The crystal creates a recording array around the whole back of the room, encompassing all of the stacked riches, fancy bottles, and most importantly the two undisguised gang leaders openly conversing.

The man in the red suit of armor finally makes his point.

"We both picked up quite a few members over the last couple of months. I think it's about time for a thinning, what do you think?"

They both grin slyly to each other, and the older brother responds.

"I was thinking the same thing. A gang war to keep only the strongest handful of guards moving forward is a fine idea. It's not like we need those weaklings anyway. Any new city we go to will have more grunts for us to choose from."

He shrugs and lets out a chuckle.

"We might as well kill them all ourselves before we leave. Sharing the riches we've found in this town would be a waste."

They both laugh to themselves and pour out another drink.

Over the next half hour, they get more and more drunk, even to the point of opening another bottle. They recount the events of different towns they raided and other times they betrayed and manipulated their gangs to fight each other under different aliases.

My eyes widened at their words, and I get some interesting insight on how they run their scheme.

Ever since both of them Ranked Up, it seems their power gap among weak hunters in the Dark Continent has blown their ego far out of proportion. However, their crime tactics are pretty smart.