Chapter 416

Over the next half hour, I point out new monsters in the jungle region on the 25th floor and Bri takes them out in style.

After just four additional mobs, the agile light magic user opens her status over the corpse of a fallen lizardman.

"Level 500... It's finally time."

From above in the trees, I watch the silhouette of her body immediately become enveloped in a bright white light. The blue text box of the system vanishes and pure mana flows through Bri's body at a rapid rate, circulating through all of her mana channels as the glowing light around her gets stronger and brighter.

In a matter of seconds, the flash becomes overwhelmingly bright, but also vanishes to leave us in the silence of the wide-open empty forest just as fast.

Stood in the place where the experienced craftswoman once stood is now an indistinguishable aura.

Her mana control is crisper and more elusive. I can still sense her presence because I'm looking straight at her, but it may be significantly harder if she actually tried to hide.

I can tell she's leagues above her strength just moments ago. The density of mana shielding that forms around her blades as she swings them through the air to test her new strength is so much more refined than in her previous battles. I wouldn't be surprised if the lizardmen in this dungeon couldn't even pierce her shielding now.

She throws a few kicks and even jumps up into the air using wind magic from her boots to come up near me in the treeline.

Her sharp eyes make contact with mine, and a wave of new confidence and certainty is in her gaze.

"Now this feels good... I should have ranked up sooner..."

Bri twirls her blades as I step out from the branch above and we glide down to the jungle floor in the clearing where she got her last kill.

She picks up the mana crystal of the dead lizardman, and by chance, I sense another one coming at us at full speed about 150 meters in the direction we just left.

Before I even mention it, Bri's gaze turns to it and she swings a glowing dagger in its direction. A nearly invisible, thin, and densely packed blade of pure mana comes flying out of the bonded weapon's edge. It flies through the forest in silence, leaving trace amounts of glimmering energy behind while gliding through full trees and boulders to finally land directly on the monster's neck.

Before it takes another step, the lizard creature's head topples off and rolls to the forest floor. I watch using enemy detection in my mind's eye with my arms crossed.

"Not bad... not bad at all..."

She turns back, twirling her daggers a few times before placing them on her waist and replying.

"Can we move up a few floors? I need something a lot more powerful to test out my new buff. I have a feeling I know what it can do, but I'm not certain what its full capabilities are."

My appraisal skill activates on instinct, and the buff's title enters my mind's eye.

[Domain of Total Illusion]

I raise an eyebrow because I also am very curious about what a power like this can do. Then, place a hand on her shoulder while activating Dungeon Walker to bring both of us up to the red-tinted dungeon of the faceless speed-monster creatures.

"You want a challenge? I can give you that. This is the 28th floor, everything here is well over level 600."

As soon as Bri's black combat boots hit the crimson floor, she takes out her blades and charges them with mana.