Chapter 461

[Many Hours Earlier in the Day (Around Noon): Body Double POV]

I leave my main body at the edge of the canyon and use the transport crystal to teleport back into the lobby of the Galeheart Tower.

I put up my mana shielding, but unfortunately don't have Qi to block my overwhelming mana control presence in this form. Only the ability to block my intimidation aura. That will have to do for now,I won't be able to go outside the tower into Valor City without being noticed in this form.

So, I call out to the lobby men while walking toward the front desk.

"Lith, I need to talk with Lith."

*Ding*

The elevator door opens, and the man in question walks out, replying to me promptly.

"Back so soon? I assumed you'd make it to Sector 2 quickly, but this kind of speed was not expected. That answers the question of where Arie went earlier too. Seems you've been busy. I guess Fisher and Lydia won't be getting their full day off."

He chuckles, but I reply in an urgent tone.

"Yes, I made it out to Sector 2, but the Dark One managed to send a few of its higher level guards out there too... I think they were looking for me ever since I ditched the arena event last night."

Lith's eyes widen.

"You managed to come face to face with multiple Dark Guards and made it out alive?"

I nod.

"Yeah. Six of them showed up in the sky and attacked on sight. I managed to kill them all. Even the strongest one that was over level 1000."

I recount the events of my dealings in the town, excluding the mention of any unique riches found in the warehouses and of course the help of Ember in my battle, but make sure to keep Lith fully informed of what went down so he knows the severity of this situation.

I point to the ceiling for my next ask.

"Pull up the surveillance system. I need to find my teammates. That 7th Rank Dark Guard threatened them before I killed him, so I'd like to make sure they're safe before the Dark One finds out what I've done. There probably isn't much time left."

Without question, Lith brings up the live surveillance of Valor City, and we begin scrolling through it together; watching ordinary people go about their day-to-day lives in the Silver, Gold, and Platinum districts.

After scouring the streets, zooming in and out of every corner inside shops and behind buildings, there's no sign of Abby or Maria in sight.

"They must be training with Monk..."

I let out a sigh and shift my focus back to the Silver and Gold districts.

"If they're in the monastery, we won't be able to sense them until they come out. Considering the arena event doesn't start for another 6 hours or so, this is going to be a long wait..."

I zoom in on a very fancy upscale lounge in the Gold district. There are large comfortable looking recliners, an active spa treatment in session for clients inside, and many courses of delicious food being served on golden platters.

Beautiful young women in maid outfits are serving the men while handsome men in butler uniforms serve the women.

Right in the middle of this display, I see my other two teammates, Lydia and Fisher sitting back with hot towels over their faces, enjoying the day.

I almost can't believe what I'm seeing...

Then again, they did want the day off to rest and explore the city.