Chapter 413

A large white portal of spatial magic opens up below me about 15 meters down. It's halfway between me and the ground.

Without waiting any longer, I let the Cursed Windstone fall from my storage and plummet toward the sandy floor.

The moment it emerges, the wind picks up and the mana manifested sand from the dungeon floor begins to float up into the air to meet the falling stone. In mere fractions of a second, a twisting sand tornado is created, and I turn to Bri and grab her wrist.

"To be safe, we'll need to put even more distance between us and this test."

The craftswoman's eyes are locked on the items below us as I Dungeon walk us over 200 meters away in the direction we just came from. Before blipping to safety, I could feel the mana seeping out of me already.

Once we re-materialize, a loud metallic twang like two mana shieldings colliding hits my ears. It's followed by thuds, cracks, and a massive explosion of sand.

The violent Windstone hits the dungeon's sandy surface and in turn, a rippling shockwave follows but weakens into a light breeze as it nears us over two sports fields in distance away. The impact makes a dome of swirling sand that expands outwards, then gets sucked back into the impact point like a dense center of gravity is pulling it in.

I let out a small sigh of relief seeing that the damage isn't instant, but also keep the thought at the back of my mind that this item's description said its mana plundering speed was exponential. Meaning, it's only going to get more powerful from here.

Bri speaks up as we both air step higher into the sky with a half frightened, half excited tone.

"What kind of item is that...? A special kind of wind element stone? Or-"

She thinks to herself, staring out at the item ripping through the dungeon floor like it's paper, wondering what exactly she's looking at. My eyes tighten on the dome of swirling sand in the distance as it slowly expands.

A deep-toned buzzing sound begins to fill the air.

My all-seeing eye picks up on the intricacies of what's actually happening.

Through the expanding dome of sand, a large hole in the dungeon floor is being created as the element stone sinks deeper into the desert.

Sand, which is really just pure mana manifesting as dungeon mass, twists around it like a whirlpool and disappears into a dense center point once it gets close enough to the stone. It expands quickly, and I respond to Bri's question as we both watch in awe.

"Yes, it's an element stone. Well- it used to be. Have you ever heard of cursed items?"

She nods and her eyes widen, focusing even more on the violently spinning rapidly expanding dome of sand.

"Yes, I've made some myself, but nothing of this magnitude... Where did you get it? Or- don't tell me you killed a craftsman and made this thing yourself...?"

She turns her head to look at me as she pieces everything together.

Bri is one of the only people that has ever seen my true status. It was a requirement for me to show it when I first got my blood bonded sword and entered the underground fight arena. Her memory is very good, I guess that's why she didn't question any of my other skills like stealth, wind magic, or dungeon walker when I used them in front of her.

She's aware I'm no normal hunter.

So, I respond in a sarcastic tone with a relaxed shrug.

"Yes, I killed a craftsman to get the skill. You're lucky I didn't set my sights on you earlier when I was spending time in Vice City."