Chapter 446

Arie takes a step forward and powers up with a buff.

"Let me fight on my own. I'd like to see how I stack up against this final floor. I want to feel like I've earned this core."

He stops right before the portal at the end of the hall.

"Of course, slip in the final blow to get whatever skills you need, just don't help me in battle unless I'm in really bad shape. I doubt I will be, but you never know."

I nod, and he jumps through without saying another word. I do the same, letting the transport magic bring us to the final floor of this peculiar labyrinth.

It's not much different than the labyrinth we faced back in Solara, and only a few floors higher. However, something feels too perfect about this place.

The teleport magic brings us into a wide open boss room that is forest and earth-themed. Thin dark green trees reach up to the blue sky, and rocky mounds of hills and stone formations riddle the landscape.

For the most part, it's very flat and calm. However, near the back of the boss room where the danger always lies, the dense presence of two mana figures comes rocketing our way instantly.

I do a full inspect and appraisal while stepping to the side, letting Arie know what's happening.

"They're on their way."

I cross my arms and airstep backward to sit on a tall boulder, and take a look at just the level and skills from the two approaching figures.

[Lv. 707]

Telepathy [Legendary Grade]

Body Double [Legendary Grade]

Dungeon Walker [Special Grade]

[Lv. 707]

Telepathy [Legendary Grade]

Plunderer [Legendary Grade]

Combat Magic [Advanced Earth Summoning]

The shadowy figure of a Greater Demon with two red horns coming out of its forehead and curving behind its head comes into full view as it glides above the treeline, standing on the back of a massive Earth Dragon almost the size of Ember.

The Demon's eyes are sharp, and it stands almost 3 meters tall. It has an impressively strong and tight build, wearing dark red armor with impressive defensive stats. It wields two daggers and stares both of us down from a distance.

The dragon lets out a loud roar, and I observe its glossy tan scales reflect the clouds and the blue sky from above and the dark green trees below it on its white underbelly.

The flapping of its wings ceases once the two touch down on the opposite side of the small wooded clearing we're in, and a surprisingly pissed off voice comes through our telepathy link. It seems like we're just pests that woke it up from a nap, rather than hunters challenging its throne.

"What are you two doing here? I thought we had a deal. I won't kill your men in the dungeons around here, and you'll let me grow my labyrinth in peace. I almost have that unique floor 30 ready for you, so what's with the interruptions?"

The demon rolls its eyes and starts to get closer, gripping its two jet-black daggers and imbuing large amounts of mana into them, giving off a growing aura of intimidation and hostility.

As I piece the puzzle together that the sector 2 leader must have had some kind of deal with this Demon to allow it to grow its base while not interacting with hunters that farm the nearby dungeons for supplies, it seems Arie has come to the same conclusion.