Sports Festival: Try Me

Momo Yaoyorozu waited at the Nurse's place. While the boy profusely apologized, she was still irritated. With good reason. However, her annoyance was interrupted by Izuku's arrival. He carried a purple haired boy in his arms, and put him down on a bed. Seeing Momo in there, he asked, "Rope."

Nodding, she made some for him, before asking, "Something he did?"

"More like something he said. He asked about my sister. Someone I hadn't mentioned outside of a few times. The way in which he asked was as if he knew she was missing, so I need to find out how this mind controlling bastard knew about it."

"He has a mind control quirk?" Momo asked, surprised to hear that.

"Yeah, response based. Tried to get me out by saying all sorts of horrible things. Found out from Iida though." However, when finishing his task, he looked over his handiwork. All four limbs were bound. They weren't to stop him if he was to be tortured... Izuku didn't want to hurt him anymore, but he needed to get the facts of the situation. And the best way to do that was to make sure they couldn't escape.

Wanting to understand, she asked, "Did he... sound... like he knew about her?"

"I'm not sure. The way he said it could mean anything. That's what I intend to find out." He sat down on a chair next to him, waiting for the concussion to wear off. Momo had a new trick to try out, and this "interrogation" was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Denki Kaminari was next. His fight was against Ibara Shiozaki, of the sister class. While he had training, he had used his quirk a lot, as well as trying a new method, outlined in their class training session. It had been... what had Momo described it as? A Coperni...tian... revolution? Something like that. He remembered that time as he walked into the ring...

"Woah, woah... Stop!" Izuku's voice rang out across from him, and he did so.
"What is it?" Kaminari asked, confused. His brain was already a little muddled from the electricity arcing through him.
Approaching cautiously, the verdant haired boy asked, "Is... that how you've always used your power?"
"Yeah?"
After a moment of silence, broken only by a glance between Midoriya and Momo, did he speak, "It's a miracle you haven't killed yourself yet."

Now everyone was listening.

"Wha... what?!" Denki asked, rightfully concerned.
Putting a careful hand on his classmate's shoulder, he stated, "Look... you have an amazing power... but what were you taught about it?"
"That... I can be close or long range? If I work hard on it, I'll overcome..."
Pinching the bridge of his nose, the greenette made a realisation. "Whoever told you that is an idiot. You have been brute forcing it for so long... you've scarred your brain. At least in my estimation. You've been focusing on volts instead of amps."
"What..." The blond just didn't understand what he was saying.
Izuku started from a seemingly unrelated question. "Look, how does the human body function? How do muscles do anything?"
Academics was never his strong suit. "Um..."
"They respond to an electric charge. Impulses from nerves cause muscle contractions. And what is your quirk?"

"Electrification...?" He started to put the pieces together.

He smiled, absolutely ecstatic that his classmate was understanding what he was trying to tell him. "Exactly. Are you starting to get it?"

He could see the possibilities. "Yeah... I can... what, overcharge myself?"

"Exactly! You can control your muscles far more than any of us can. We can get tired, but your brain can make them ignore that! You can, theoretically, become as fast as Iida! But... you must not create so much power at once. It's not healthy. You know your... whey mode? That's your body preventing death by electrocution. You can't do ranged attacks without gear. We all have our limits, and that's yours. That's a fact, but you can become a menace on the battlefield. You can be faster, stronger, and untouchable, but you need stable currents, Kaminari, not massive bursts. So let's try that, shall we?"