A Great Reckoning

Momo Yaoyorozu was many things: Strong, Intelligent, and Wise... or that is how she saw herself before UA. Participating in the UA recommendation exam... showed her what true strength could be. While she was able to use her quirk for a variety of tasks, but when it came to strength... Shoto Todoroki beat her in that. He showed sheer power. He also had a confidence... or arrogance... that she didn't have. And then, her wisdom was immediately tested by Aizawa's quirk apprehension test. She was so certain that he was lying... a logical ruse to encourage people to take this seriously... but when, as Izuku put it, Todoroki was having a trauma response to it... and he still expelled him, it shook her. How could she possibly trust her own perspective? Sure, she was elected Vice Representative... but Midoriya seemed wiser than her. He knew how to navigate a hostile environment with ease... whether that be on the battlefield... or in an argument. Momo had never had a single person disagree with her, but had the patience to take it with grace... or tried to. Aizawa's complete breakdown of every flaw, including her reduced confidence... really didn't help. It highlighted every reason why she shouldn't be here.

But... seeing Thirteen stabilize, and the heroes arrive... she could finally feel relief. As emergency services took away those who were injured... or worse... she saw them take Midoriya on a stretcher, clearly unconscious. I hope he is okay... I don't think I'd be able to lead the class if you were to vanish...

Of course, the whole scene was viewed by a news helicopter, who had somehow gotten wind that UA suffered its first major villain attack in years... and caught the number of bodies. As well as one body different from the others...

Izuku awoke in a medical facility, his body aching. As soon as he was able to have a conscious thought, he struggled to get up. He needed to know if his class was safe. If they were alright. That sudden action stirred the other person in the private room. His mother. She had been lightly dozing on a chair next to the hospital bed, and was not getting up to restrain him. "Izuku! You're alright. You're safe."
However, the greenette exerted himself in order to get past her. His priorities, yet again, were not on himself. "I need... to know... my class..."

However, instead of Inko placating him, a new voice, one he'd heard before, but not for a while, replied, "Every one of your classmates are here, Young Midoriya."

Turning he found himself looking at a plain looking detective. The one that had arrived when Erika did... and the one with the truth detection quirk. Moving to sit up straight, he asked: "How are they?"

He looked pained. Not a good sign... not at all. After a moment, he stated, "Five didn't make it. Of those that did... several received horrible injuries."

"Who..." Izuku started to ask, eyes starting to tear up. This was his class. He knew these people. Granted, some he knew better than others, but they were mostly his friends. "Who didn't make it?"

He pulled over a seat, and opened a notepad. It already had notes on it. "Minrou Mineta, Tsuyu Asui, Koji Koda, Aoyama Yuga, and Bakugo Katsuki."

"And... Toshinori." Izuku whispered.

"Yes... and Yagi." the Detective agreed. Inko did her best to comfort her son, as at this point he was crying. Genuinely crying at all the loss of amazing people, each with their own potential to fulfill... and the loss of his greatest hero.

Letting the sorrow run its course, the detective then asked, "I hate to do this... but I need to ask you some questions. Is that alright?"

Wiping away his tears, he glanced at the man, "As long as you help put those monsters away, sure, ask."