Sports Festival: Before the Tournament

Izuku felt the ground shake, and the roar of an angry dragon... before it was cut off. Good... someone took care of that thing... "Alright, continue to focus on the robots!" He stabbed another, knocking it down. At this point, his blade broke, and he had to prepare to get up close and personal when they all deactivated to the announcement of Present Mic. "And that's the match! All students please make your way to the rest area, before the tournament! All students who have captured dominion points, please make your way to Room A. All who did not, please make your way to Room B for a check up!" Turning to his teammates, he was about to ask how they were... when he saw Reiko still attacking robots with the massive broad ax, it enveloped in a pink glow. Fortunately, no camera drones were in the area, meaning that they wouldn't see this show of brutality. With the last battle droid, she slammed the weapon into its knee, before swiftly reversing course in a lateral arc, cutting at the neck. With a swift kick, the head was knocked off in a shower of sparks and oil.

However, instead of acting exhausted... Reiko was certainly acting... strange. She didn't move, merely standing, not looking at him, twitching slightly, almost imperceptibly, her quirk still active.

"Reiko?" Izuku called out, but she didn't move, so he went over to her. Just before he reached her position, a twig snapped, and she tensed, before turning towards him. Her hair was pulled behind her, and tied into a ponytail for this event, but her eyes... normally open, were half lidded, her eyeballs looking up, a pink glow visible through her eyelids. Black tears had started to fall, but when she saw Izuku, her face twisted into a, frankly , very creepy smile.

Taking a step back, he had to ask, "Reiko, what's going on?" He tensed as well, prepared for anything. He'd never seen this happen to her before, but it must have something to do with her quirk. A quirk overuse consequence. It was something crucial, yet... hidden. Personal. They knew each other best, and the fact she had never, ever shown this part of her... it meant that this was a secret she kept close to her heart.

Before he could ask anything further, she, moving faster than he could predict, swung her ax at a 45 degree angle, which he was able to barely block with the gladius, broken as it was... before being kicked in the head, and into a tree. She aimed to decapitate him again, and he slid under, not even flinching as the blade sunk into the wood. He couldn't act, as he was soon grabbed by the throat... by her free hand. Her voice sounded... wrong, distorted... her smile starting to creep him out further. "I...zu...ku... play... with... me..."

Gripping her wrist tightly, he pried her off before tripping her with a kick of his leg. That slammed her to the ground, breaking the concentration on her quirk... and the ax stopped glowing. As if breaking from a spell, she looked up, confusion in her eyes at where she was... before looking at Izuku... and her ax in the tree. Putting two and two together, Reiko's eyes widened... before getting up and bolting. The greenette tried to call out to her, but his voice failed. What could he do right now?

Nothing. There was nothing he could do right now about this. Sitting there for a moment, before Ochako walked over, "Izuku? You okay?"

Izuku rubbed his throat slightly, checking for damage. Nothing but light bruising at worst. "Yeah, I'm fine..." 

It was then that the brunette noticed the ax buried in the tree above his head. Eyes wide, she asked, "What...?"

"It's... nothing. An accident." He interrupted the forming question. It was a personal issue, clearly, and one she didn't want to share. So he wouldn't. They'd work through... whatever that is. While she wasn't happy with that answer, wanting her friends to get along, she offered a hand. Accepting it, the two headed to Room A.