The First Prospective Wolf

As Apollyon walked the streets, she passed by a building with a fence around it. It was unremarkable, except for the group that seemed to be harassing a green haired boy. That is unusual. Then again, it was the least remarkable trait she had seen today. After all, there was a person with the head of a plant. But that did not catch her attention. What did, was the Ashen blond leading the charge against him.

He was aggressive, strong. Potentially what she wanted to cultivate, but there needed to be a test of character. If this was a front, then it was all for naught. If it wasn't... then she could work with that. Like Senjiro, she would gift him a palace if it meant he could help bring humanity back to what she knew it to be.

And so she watched. Following quietly, she observed them pester him until... they reached a certain milestone. She listened, learning their names. The blond was Katsuki Bakugo... and he wanted to be one of those fools, parading around, publicly abusing power. He wanted to be a tyrant.

Such a disappointment. Tyrants ruined everything. They hated war, and wanted absolute dominion. They suppressed the inherent nature of man.

But then there was the green haired boy. "Deku". Probably not his real name. Especially given the context.

However, now that he was alone, she had no reason to hide from him. It was lucky that this body had clothes, even if they were simple village garb from Ashfeld, since it would have been awkward otherwise.

"You." The boy stiffened, and turned to look up at her. It was clear he had been crying, and he was shaking from fear. You are right to be afraid in my presence. But that is not why I am here this time. In a rusted Japanese, she asked, "Why do you let them do that to you?"

"W-what?" He was in disbelief.

"Why do you let those fools do that to you? Why don't you fight back?"

"They're super strong... they have quirks... I don't..." He now expected her to lash out at him.

"What do you want to do in life?" She asked, her voice still harsh, but without the edge. The answer to this question could determine if she wasted any more time with this wretch.

"I..." He swallowed his fear, or tried to. "I want to be a hero to protect people. To save people."

To save...? The poor naive fool. He's just like the rest of them. However, before she turned away, girl saw something in his eyes. A determination to overcome everything. Beneath this gentle sheep, lay the eyes of a wolf. The eyes of a true warrior. This was what she could work with.

Smiling slightly, she offered him a hand, "Then stand up and fight. You cannot protect people if you continue to be beaten down."

The boy reached out, before hesitating, "You think I could do it...? Even without a quirk?"

Hiding her confusion about quirks, the former warlord shook her head. "Most of these heroes are fools. The people too, if they can't tell the difference between true strength and luck. You can rise above, but you must do so through your own effort."

With that, the determination in his eyes finally burned bright. He took her hand and she pulled him up. Giving him a look over, the former knight noted, "You don't have many muscles. Nor do you have any kind of training, it looks like." He cringed slightly, "Those can be changed. So can your confidence. But you must be willing to do what it takes. If you don't, then you are no better than a sheep, prey waiting for something to come along and kill you."

That last part seemed a bit off putting, but he supposed that this was a good enough pep talk as he'd ever hear. "T-Thank you for believing in me."
"Belief is overstated. It is your own skill which will determine your fate."