Healing Choices

Satisfied with her work, Apollyon looked over the gory remains of All For One. The quirk boogeyman was on the verge of death. As he tried to recover, a dark portal opened up, and Tomura stepped through. When he realized what was going on, his mouth slacked open, completely shocked. "What... why would you...?!"

"He is a tyrant who would have kept you in shackles. You and I want similar things, the destruction of the old order... and, well, he wants to control it. Mold it to his will. As long as he lives... you'll never be truly free to do what you wish." She then offered him what she knew AFO never would. "What future do you choose for yourself?"

All For One tried to reach out to his protegee, weakened as he was. "There is much you still have to learn, and I can give you the power you need!"

But... Tomura was actually considering it. In the time they had worked together, she had not gotten in his way. Apollyon did everything to encourage and assist within the scope of his plans. She had seen his value for what it was, what he was good at, not what she wanted him to be, if there even was something she wanted him to be in the first place.

The choice, for him, was clear. All For One's offer of power was a trap, and one he did not need to fall for any longer.

Walking over, he knelt next to the bloody, vulnerable form of his sensei. "No. You don't have anything to teach me any more. I appreciate the guidance, but I don't need a coach, and am ready to strike out on my own. The USJ was enough to give me a rep. That's enough." Reaching out, the man struggled as his own flesh decayed from the quirk. Soon enough, he was gone.

Two legends gone in less than a day.

The silver haired man turned to the knightess. "Well? What are you going to do now?"

"Now? I must make my own way. My goal was always to kill the symbol of peace, but he was a symbol of tyranny. You can now lead your league to wherever you want." She turned and found the door out. Before leaving, she turned to him, "Farewell, Tomura." After that, she closed the door behind herself, leaving into the night.

With nothing else to do, Tomura left through Kurogiri's portal, eager to celebrate. There was much to do now, but that could be done tomorrow.

Shoto had made his way to Kamino ward, on his journey to escape. Here, there weren't many heroes, so he could afford to take some time to rest. Sitting with his back against a building, he listened to the night. Across the street there was an electronics store with TVs, all reporting on the news. The USJ facility in UA had been attacked, with pictures of the aftermath being streamed. It had been terrible... but he couldn't feel bad for them. Not when the green haired boy didn't stand up for them until he was expelled.

However, before he could continue to think in a spiral, there was a sound next to him. Turning, he found a tall, dark knight walking down the alleyway towards him. Their armor clanked slightly with every step, and the sword in her hand was covered in blood. As if that wasn't concerning enough, the TV stated, "The lead villains of the attack are shown here. Please be sure to report them to the nearest hero when spotted." Glancing to the TV, there was a sketch of that very knight.

However, it seems that they didn't notice him... until he shifted, a small bit of litter cascading away into the street. It immediately attracted their attention. They stepped closer... until they were within reach of their blade. Silent for a few moment, she then stated: "You are that missing Todoroki child."