Putting A Sheep in their Place

Erika knew that she had crossed a line when she said that last part. Izuku had told him, besides her own observations, how Bakugo was prideful and spiteful to a fault. And this whole encounter proves that he could be manipulated, like all the rest of these hero worshiping fools. He could still be useful, so I won't kill him.

The boy was itching to fight, that much was clear. But, as Izuku had stated to her, it was illegal to use quirks or lethal force. But... this child held the temperament of a spoilt prince, one who believed his succession absolute, with no fear of consequences. She would teach him swiftly that the world doesn't revolve around him.

The way to bait the start of that was, in effect, to pretend to ignore him. Erika knew that fully ignoring him would only place her into harm's way. As she stated before, the power to create explosions was indeed powerful... if the gift itself had not been wasted on such an... insecure person.

Turning away, she was about to bait him by speaking to Izuku, when the crowd backed away, and a scream of rage met her ears. Without looking she leaned back away from where his hand was going to land, the smell of sweet nitroglycerin reaching her nose. The blond had tried to grab her throat and detonate it. Fortunately, due to Apollyon's high reflexes due to a life filled with combat and death, she would not be taken down by a punk with a god complex.

"So... that is your choice." Erika stated. Instead of fear, or disappointment, she seemed... happy. Excited, almost. As if battle was something she did for fun.

Bakugo couldn't stand it. She was supporting Deku, and challenging him. He so wanted to wipe that smug grin off her stupid face. Shouting "DIE" yet again, he charged direcly, only for her to dodge and immediately counter with a punch to the gut.

"Your war cry is "DIE". That isn't very heroic, is it?" Her voice chided him. As if she knew what being a hero was! This bitch is an extra, nothing more.

Getting to his feet, the blond exploded at her. "Being a hero is about victory at all costs! Heroes always win!"

Laughing, she stated quietly, "Heroes are just men and women doing a job. A highly dangerous job. Do you think those that die as heroes still remain heroes?"

He didn't answer, probably because the clod hadn't thought that far. He was clearly in denial. "Besides... The only reason people acknowledged you is because of your quirk. They wouldn't give you the time of day if you didn't have that... meanwhile I..." She grinned maniacally, "Don't even need to use my quirk to beat you into the ground."

Now if his pride was bad before, now it was absolutely livid. Weakness was a sore spot, but beaten by a quirkless, or without a quirk, without any kind of power? That was too much. He was already past the point of no return, now he had no choice but to give it his all. And so he launched at her again, and this time, she dodged again, before he actually managed to hit her in the back with a rather impressive feat of control, using his quirk to bypass her own agility with the ability to fly in quick bursts.

Not even hissing in pain, Erika thought, so much for quirk use being illegal. These children aren't even trying to stop this. Glancing around, there was even a teacher watching. Well, if the adults aren't going to stop this, I will.

She dodged and weaved, taking chip damage from the explosions. Meanwhile, Bakugo cursed her, "Why the fuck won't you go down?"

If I had my old armor, this wouldn't cause a scratch. Even though the blonde girl didn't want to, she had to end this now. Due to her lack of equipment, and rusted skill due to her week of passivity... while she couldn't kill him, she could make it painful to remember.