Gray Day Getaway

The next morning, Izuku woke up, happy for the day, and ready to get started learning how to wield the blade. It was perfect with the morning's breakfast. Pancakes, with maple syrup. Something that was easy to eat, and wouldn't conflict with his training later. At least, that was the plan in his mind. When Inko called for breakfast, however, Erika didn't come out of her room.

Not that concerned, the green haired woman asked, "Could you get Erika from her room, please?"

The green haired boy nodded, and arrived at the room. There wasn't a nameplate on it like with his own, she didn't want anything like that, and nor did she make one. Knocking, Izuku called, "Erika... it's time for breakfast!"

Silence.

"Erika? You there?" Worry started to creep into his mind, an unwanted guest. At this point, he was tempted to just enter the room, but didn't know if she was just groggy or not. After a few more minutes of silence, he decided to enter the room himself. If she was getting changed, he would receive hell, but it was better to know that she was alive.

"Erika, I'm coming in..." What he did not expect was for the room to be completely empty, well, besides the meager decorations she put up. He'd never really been in here before. Erika was a, well, private person. There were a bunch of sketches, obviously of her own design on the walls. Her bed was made neatly, and there was a note on it. She wouldn't leave one if her disappearance was random.

Upon further inspection, it was for the both of them. Addressed: Inko and Izuku Midoriya. Trembling, he brought the letter back to the main room, now on the verge of tears. Seeing her son in such a state, Inko immediately asked: "Izuku, what's wrong?"

"Erika... left this..." He handed her the letter. The green haired woman looked over the letter, before opening it, and sitting down at the sofa. Izuku sat down next to her, to read it as well:

Dear Inko and Izuku,

Reading this letter means that I have left. Do not be alarmed or hurt by this. You were some of the best hosts I have ever had. You made one of the best times of my life, especially after what occurred at my village.

I did not leave for any fault of your own, but one of mine. I did not speak much of my own past, but I grew up in a village, far from here. It was supposed to be protected by someone who would have been considered a hero, knights in their own right. This one was a man who had trained under the Lawbringer order. They were supposed to keep the peace and lay down the law... but he decided that our village couldn't be protected from the Warborn horde. He let them pillage, raze and rape the surviving women... before they were put down themselves.

I was the only survivor.

I desperately want you, Izuku, to not be like them. But I witness Japan's "Heroes", and see nothing but weak people like him. Those who fail to be strong.

In my room, there are notes on different fighting styles used by different orders, and those who use different weapons. If I were you, I would incorporate the Warden's moves into your own, but find new ways to use the gift I gave you. By the time your UA entrance exam comes around, you should be ready. See if you can find a way to bring the blade, and you should be more than most. Remember, you choose your path, quirk or no.

And to Inko, you are what a mother should be: fiercely protective of your children, and loyal to a fault. However, it is close to the time where Izuku must chose what he wants to be. While I may not like the path he's chosen, it is still his to choose. Smothering him will only drive him away. I knew a friend, before the Warborn, who ran away from home because family was too controlling. Do not emulate this.