True Colors

Izuku had changed quickly into the PE uniform and met up with the others at the field Aizawa wanted them to get to. This one was designed to be a traditional sports field. A physical activity. Nice.

Their teacher, Aizawa, stood in the open. The only dark spot on a bright day. At least in terms of color. They hushed as he cleared his throat, getting the attention of every single student. Even Bakugo.

"You have been given the chance to participate here at UA. To attempt to be a hero. It's something everyone thinks they want, but don't understand the cost. It is a failing of current society. Another is that your previous schools didn't let you use your quirks when testing your physical capabilities. Bakugo Katsuki."

The blond perked up at his name. He grunted in acknowledgement of the recognition.

The next que"What was your previous best throw?"

"50 meters." He could tell that he was being given the chance to prove himself.

"Step up to the circle."

The blond did exactly as instructed. He was then tossed a ball. "Throw this with your quirk."

Bakugo grinned, and prepared to throw. Glancing around, Izuku realized that there were people with enhanced hearing, or quirks that were hearing based, and gave a quick warning, "Wait, cover your ears!"

A purple haired one with headphone jacks on her ears immediately reacted, quickly covering her ears while sending the jacks away from the center of the ring.

"SHINE!" Bakugo cried (translation: DIE!) as he flung the ball away, accompanied with a massive explosion. It carried the ball far out of reach. After a moment, the results came back. 705 meters.

"This is what I expect. For you to use your quirks to push your scores to their absolute limit. We will go through 11 different tests. Show that you deserve to be here."

However, Ochako contested this. "Sir..." The man looked over to her, his hollow gaze piercing through her, as if trying to tear any will apart. She continued despite this, "What about orientation? We're going to be here for three years. Shouldn't we know more about UA?"

The dark sensei, with long strands of hair static against his form, watched the brunette, analyzing her motives. Was she wanting to avoid the inevitable? Wishing to be away from the person she would be with for a year?

No. She was genuine. Respectful to the tone of question, he stated: "No. As hero students, you have three years to be prepared. You do not have the benefits of European and American schools. Heroes in those regions have an additional 4 years on top of their high school years. You are expected to be on the field far sooner than most heroes worldwide. You do not have the luxury of orientation. Besides, this won't be pointless. I will be assessing your capabilities."

A pink skinned student, with unusual black eyes with irises of gold, piped up, clearly excited. Even though her eyes were golden, her words lacked the midas touch, as their teacher actually smiled. It was more of a creepy grimace, but it expressed disdain for his new student's words.

"Fun, huh? Well... heroes aren't here to have fun. But... if you want to play a game... then I make the rules. To remind everyone of the stakes, this will now be a competition. The person at the bottom of the rankings will be deemed unfit for heroism and expelled immediately."

Silence greeted that statement, the pinkette now horrified by the horror she unleashed on their class.

Still grinning, Aizawa stated with a voice one could almost call undead: "Go Plus Ultra, or die trying."