Questions and... the Answer

When Erika arrived back at Giran's hideout, he was already aware of the slaughter. "Great piece of work. Even against those veterans, you did well!"

"Those are veterans?" She scoffed. They barely looked thirty. Still young for a knight... but they weren't knights. They were criminals. And their lack of skill proved it.

"Well, yeah. They had a lotta experience dodging the law. Still, you proved the point. And that deserves a little something extra." He gave her a new briefcase, as well as a pouch containing a black material.

"What is..."
"Carbon Fiber." He interrupted. "Strongest material known to man. Figured you'd want to buff your armor with it."

She held her tongue. Before, she would have scoffed. But after seeing modern technology? She'd take any advantage. "What are its properties?"

Giran didn't really know. Chemistry wasn't his strong suit. "Yeah, only thing I know is its tough. Military armor uses it, though sparingly. Mainly because it's hard to make. I'm giving you a large portion right there. Try not to waste it."

Nodding in understanding, Apollyon wasted no time leaving his place. She'd figure out accommodations, maintenance for her gear, the works... and now she had a start.

Meanwhile... Toshinori didn't know what to do. Not only had he made Young Midoriya's mother faint once, but then they both fainted after seeing his emaciated small-might form! Curse All For One, causing that infernal wound!

Now, though, the two green haired individuals stirred. Inko first, probably due to her... practice at recovering from that? He didn't quite know why.

Either way, he listened as the two panicked, before realizing what happened before was not a nightmare.

Izuku asked, tentatively. "All... Allmight?"

The hero nodded, "It is I, well... as much as I can be here. In this form I am merely Toshinori Yagi."

"But... how?!"

Toshinori sighed, "I am trusting you two with a nation spanning secret, now that you have seen my weakened form." Debating whether or not to reveal the reason for this form, he decided against it... not wanting Inko to faint for the third time. And it would probably deter Izuku from the path of heroism. "I suffered a horrible injury 5 years ago, and I've been weakening ever since. I only have about 3 hours that I can use my hero form now."

"That's... That's terrible..." Izuku said, with awe in his voice, as well as concern.

"Fortunately, the villain who did this to me isn't around anymore. Nobody can reach his caliber, so it'll be fine!"

That was less reassuring than he meant it to be.

"So... Izuku will be trying to be a hero... during potentially the most dangerous time... in modern history? You're on the cusp of retirement..."

"Even with that, there are plenty of great hero students on the verge of graduation! Many of them quite strong, and capable. Danger is the name of the hero game, Mrs. Midoriya. We put ourselves on the line to help others. But... there are ways to mitigate risk. Since your quirk doesn't destroy armor like my own, you should use it to protect yourself."

That seemed to please the single mother. Izuku nodded in agreement. "I was thinking of going for a more... knightly look. Especially since I'm using my sword."

"Of course. Support companies can look into making it durable, as well as cater to your fighting style... but that can be discussed later. For now, I will help you become stronger so you can defend yourself, far before you can defend others." That also got Inko's approval. And for now, that would be the route he would take.