A Test of Valor

Izuku charged into the city. It was set up to look like the real thing, with real buildings, shops, and apartments. A shame all of this was set up to just be destroyed later. Instead of focusing on the details, however, he dodged a blast from a robot. It was a single pointer, a weak, robot with two arms, two legs, and large 1s on its arms. A one pointer. Grinning, Izuku dashed forward, blade slamming down into the elbow joint. It tore quickly through it, allowing him to successfully claim those points. Either this sword is crazy good... or... these robots are really, really weak.

Effortlessly, the greenette cut through the robots, 2, 3, 4, 5... Then he saw two point robots. They scuttled about on four legs, causing interference, making it easier for the one pointers to be the direct threats. Unlike the one pointers, two pointers didn't always act directly. They were stand in for villains that supported their comrades. Ever more valuable because of that fact. One pointers were just thugs. Two pointers were dangerous supports... and the three pointers... they acted as competent commanders. Far more powerful, and able to rally other robots to them if they needed help. It's that ability to command that made them so dangerous, not their inherent power. Many students had to leave the exam because they underestimated them. They thought their quirk would overcome the challenge, only to realize that it had sent for reinforcements... which quickly overwhelmed them. They hadn't even seen the zero pointers yet, and they were just supposed to be obstacles to work around. Which meant that they shouldn't be considered.

Glancing around, he witnessed the chaos of battle, as many, many robots were torn into by a variety of quirks. The bluette used an engine quirk to accentuate their kicks. A brunette viciously tore apart robots by having fungus from her quirk infect and destroy the electronics from within. A boy with a support belt fired a laser from it, successfully tearing two robots in half with a single blast.

However, on a rooftop, he could see that there was another brunette having trouble with a three pointer. That was where he was needed. Bolting inside, while holding his blade in a reverse grip in his left hand, Izuku found the way inside. This building was barren, clearly without the aesthetics that are in some of the buildings. Reaching where the emergency stairs were, the greenette ascended rapidly, using the handrails to launch himself further. Eventually, he found the door to the roof. It was locked. Annoyed, he leant back slightly before tensing up. He was going to use a very, very warden specific technique. A shoulder bash. He'd never done it to a door, but if he could make Allmight stumble with it, then this shouldn't be a problem. And that proved to be true when the door broke down.

The poor girl had fallen prey to the traps the three pointers provided. Several one pointers and an annoying two pointer was providing support. The three pointer, however, was out of commission. These would still be too many for a single person to take on at once, so... Izuku did the important thing, and charged.

The first one went down easily, not even recognizing the threat he posed. The second fell just as quickly. When the third was decapitated, then the two pointer noticed him. Collecting a thug, the two robots charged him. Dodging under the one pointer, Izuku prioritized the larger threat. The two pointers worked by sending a discrete signal to the others that they can speed up their attacks and increase their power. If he could eliminate that one, the rest of the robots would be far easier to deal with.

However, the one pointer was, regardless of it was programmed to or not, defending the two pointer quite well. Its faster attacks made it difficult to work around. However, when it raised its arm up, winding up for an attack, Izuku saw his opening, and jabbed the sword point into its shoulder, tearing through the soft metal, and ripping the arm off. Stumbling back, it couldn't defend itself from the next attack, which allowed him to reciprocate with an attack digging into the other shoulder. It didn't break, this time, so Izuku ripped out the blade, and as he brought it back, gripped the blade carefully. Using his momentum here, he then slammed down with the crossguard, breaking through the armor plating around the neck, and destroying much of the delicate circuitry inside.