First Steps Into their Worlds

Izuku sat in his room, waiting for a response. He'd done his schoolwork for the day, he'd done his exercise, and was refreshed for the evening. Reading the notes, he found that these descriptions... just didn't make sense. The first thing that leapt out was the name of the place. Heathmoor. He'd tried finding that place himself, but the internet just did not give the answer. Perhaps it was the name of the village? But that also didn't make sense later, when she got to the different types of warriors. They seemed to be all in Heathmoor, making it seem more like a large area, instead of just a village.

There were three factions vying for power. At least from the descriptions. Knights of Ashfeld, Warborn of Valkenheim, and the Chosen of the Myre... it was crazy. All of it. She was apparently training to be a Warden before she arrived here, that much was clear, but there were odd details that hinted at more. Whatever this referenced was far beyond his own understanding at this time. But... all of their famous moves had been cataloged. Broken down, dissected, and recorded. The warriors where she was from knew where, how and why to strike as they did. The Warden's was easy to understand, and made use of the longsword, just as Erika forged for him. The moves were quick, powerful, but not easy to master. After all, not every person learns to grip the blade of a weapon safely, and not well enough to swing in combat. This would take time to learn.

He had 8 months. That was more than enough time... but he needed to know if he could...

Izuku's thoughts were interrupted by his phone buzzing on the table next to him. Knowing it was Allmight, since his mother was downstairs, he answered it immediately.

"Hello!"

"Ah, Young Midoriya! I have good news. Nezu is more than amenable for you to take on the sword as support gear! I have the form with me, and the next time you meet, I'll be able to give it to you. When is best?"

"I... I don't mind! Whenever!"

"Then I shall stop by at once! Oh, um, where are you?"

"I'm at 14 Cherry Blossom Road, Mustafu..." Wait, did he just give Allmight his home address?

"Very well, I will arrive shortly!" There was a click, and the line went dead. How was he going to explain this to Mom?

It didn't even take 5 minutes for the hero to call back. "Alright, I'm at the building..."
"I'll be right there." Izuku got up, and left his room. Inko was currently out shopping, but she'd be home soon, and it was best if this was done quickly. So, leaving his apartment, he went outside and saw Allmight, in civilian clothing.

As soon as he noticed the greenette, he spoke, more quietly, as to not receive attention. "Young Midoriya, I have the form you are looking for right here!" He proudly showed the document. It was simple: Name, Date, Signature, what the support item is, how it works, its application, etc. It also asked for quirk status, but that was to be expected. Every form asked for quirk status. Even job application forms online, which had drop boxes. Many of them didn't even have a category for quirkless applicants. Of those that did, many of those even had an automatic message once submitted: "Sorry, but you do not have the qualifications necessary for this position. We wish you well in your future endeavours." It would be laughable if it wasn't so frustrating.

"Seems simple enough..." Izuku murmured, mostly to himself. "But thank you for helping me with this!"

"No problem!" The man gave a thumbs up, before a new voice interrupted their dialgoue.

"IZUKU?!" Turning slowly, they found that it was his mother. She held two plastic grocery bags, staring at the conversation between Allmight and her son. As the boy said, "Mom, I can explain..."

She promptly fainted.