2 V 1

Izuku was on the offense team, which meant that he was the one on the clock. He had to get in, get past two of the more combat competent people in his class... and then get to the bomb. It was going to be far from easy, but he had the support of his classmates, and his teacher... although he couldn't afford to look partial to either team.

After a few minutes, Izuku heard Yagi state: "THE EXERCISE WILL NOW BEGIN!"

Approaching the door, the greenette was careful to cause as little noise as possible. A bit tricky since his gear was kinda loud, going for safety rather than stealth. Nonetheless, Izuku made it to the third floor before he heard the telltale sign that Bakugo had done a Bakugo. That is, blasted off by himself to fight him. Typical. While moving, he'd grip the sword in the same way he always does, but he'd need it soon. It was something that'd give him an edge. Pun intended. Because... While Bakugo did have range... he didn't think like that. No. He was a bruiser. A berserker. He'd get up close and personal. Soon enough, he was there. At the end of the darkened hall.

"Deku..." He smirked, "You don't have your bitch to fucking protect you anymore."

As much as Allmight projected confidence, he couldn't help but be worried. Ever since the day before, Izuku had put himself on Aizawa's radar. And now he had the misfortune of being put against two very strong hero students on the first day. While this wouldn't normally be an issue, as bad matchups are usually dismissed... Aizawa was different. He'd break him for failure.

But there was something about the way the Bakugo boy addressed the green haired boy... it was clear they had a history... and it was going to boil over in this exercise. When they finally encountered each other... Everyone seemed to hold their breath. It was clear that Bakugo was battle smart. He had reflexes, and a mind geared for combat... but little else. Izuku, on the other hand, was far more geared towards heroic qualities. He'd gained the respect of the class, while Bakugo... didn't.

And now they would be put to the test as they started to fight...

Izuku dodged the preliminary punch, a predictable right hook. Angling his body to take advantage of the momentum, the greenette used his right hand to redirect and slam the blond into the ground. Hopping back, he got into a defensive stance, gripping the handle of his blade with both hands. Even though his eyes couldn't be seen... Izuku was clearly steeled for the fight.

His hands trembled slightly, but he held firm as the blond got to his feet. If looks could kill, Izuku would've been eviscerated and his entrails hung like party streamers. "Deku..." Katsuki growled, furious as ever. "You think that fancy trick is enough to fucking beat me?"

The armored student didn't answer. As long as Bakugo was still ticking, he wouldn't be able to run. So, he'd fight.

And Katsuki immediately launched himself at him again, this time trying to remain at a distance and use chip damage from his explosions... but there was a limit to the size of explosions. He could only sweat so much before getting dehydrated... and the chip damage he was relying on would only work if it hit bare skin. And Izuku was wearing multiple layers of armor... which was tailored to work against his quirk in particular and other explosions. Nobody outside the fight really knew it, but Katsuki had the bad matchup here, not Izuku.

A right hook, then a left, explosion above, meaning he'd land over... here! The knight tensed, before charging forward with his shoulder. All of Bakugo's movements seemed slower, but refined. They were made for maiming and tormenting a single target, not working in an actual fight where the opponent could fight back. He called out as he charged, "MISERUM!" After knocking Bakugo back into the wall, he challenged him directly: "Is that the best you got?!"