5

"I'll let you in on a little secret. I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvety." Mrs. Dupain-Cheng says as she pours the ingredients in and continues, "Then I let it infuse for one minute." The whole class watches as Mason's mom shows us how to bake while I look over to Aidan who leans close to Mason and whispers, "I love it when your mom comes to class and gives us pastry lessons!"

"Ha! Ha! So does she!" Mason says to Aidan as they both then look back to Mrs. Dupain and I do the same. Chris groans in annoyance as he starts to complain, "Do they seriously think I'm going to get my hands dirty cooking, like some maid? If I want a croissant, I just make my butler get it for me!" Ross and I turn to Chris, "She's not making croissants, Chris, those are macaroons." Ross explains with a smile as I turn back to Mrs. Dupain who was stirring the mixture in the bowl.

"It's all done with a flick of the wrist. But you mustn't go too fast, or you might splash yourself." Mrs. Dupain explains to us with a smile as Chris questions in annoyance, "And soil my Chenal pants? Who's she kidding?" Chris crosses his arms closing his eyes when Mrs. Dupain shows us the bowl as she says, "Look at this lovely emulsion."

Everyone gasps in awe while I stare in awe seeing the mixture it looked quite amazing to me. "It's beautiful!" Ross says with a smile staring at the mixture when I look in the corner of my eye seeing Chris go a bit away from everyone as he starts dialing a number and talks into it. I don't notice that Mason saw the exact same thing when Mrs. Dupain says, "Now we need to chill it for half an hour. Mason?" Mason quickly turns to his mother as he asks with a smile, "Yes, mom?" I look to Mason as Mrs. Dupain asks, "Could you put this in the school cafeteria fridge for me, please?"

She hands the bowl to Mason as she then continues, "In the meantime, I'm going to show your friends how to whip up egg whites." Mason smiles at his mother, "Of course!" He says as he then leaves the classroom while I know that the fire alarm was about to go off. Mere seconds later the fire alarm goes off and everyone steps out of the classroom in a single file. "Quietly, students! Singe-file line! Just keep moving." Mr. Bustier says as everyone single-files down the stairs but I stay back knowing who caused all this.

I then walk down the stairs while everyone makes their way into the courtyard. Mrs. Damocles was in the front with the firefighter captain as she stared at every student who was in the courtyard. "So, some smart aleck had the bright idea of calling the fire department!" Mrs. Damocles explains as everyone looks to each other in confusion then back to Mrs. Damocles.

I look to see Mason look behind him looking straight at Chris who wasn't really paying attention since he was just messing with his jacket. "Somebody thought it would be funny to waste the fire captain's valuable time! " Mrs. Damocles explains as the fire captain looks to Mrs. Damocles and says, "Yes, in fact, if you wouldn't mind, I-" she then gets cut off by Mrs. Damocles who says, "Hold on! I want the guilty party to apologize to you!"

I continue to look at Mason who leans towards Aidan and says, "I'm sure it was Chris! I saw him on the phone right before the alarm went off!" Aidan shakes his head as he fixes his glasses and turns back to Mason, "You seeing him make a phone call isn't solid proof." Mason sighs in annoyance when Chris then raises his hand and says, "Mrs. Damocles, ma'am?"

Everyone turns to Chris while Mrs. Damocles says, "Yes, Mister Bourgeois?" "I saw a student leave the classroom right before the alarm went off! It must have been him." Chris explains while I shake my head knowing who he was gonna blame it on as Mrs. Damocles asks, "Really? Who was it?"