“What money is she talking about?” Chiamaka asked.

“Susan dropped her bank details for you. She told me, she wrote how she got the money in the paper. I have the documents with me, so do not bother!” Patricia reassured Chiamaka.

“So she really kept the money?” Chiamaka asked still shocked.

“Yes, she did!” Patricia replied honestly.

“If I may ask, why was Susan's husband there? Like, at the hospital, I saw him!” Chiamaka asked, as she cleaned her eyes properly.

“According to him, he mentioned looking for her for years. And was directed to the hospital by someone but he came to hear she was dead. He claimed to be charmed all those years by his mother. And when he went to the hospital for check up, it turned out he was the one responsible for not having a child.” Patricia said with a frowned face.

“His mother?” Chiamaka asked looking confused.

“Yes, his mother! At least I was not deaf, not to have heard him vividly.” Patricia assured Chiamaka.

“Is she dead now? How did he get the information that his own biological mother is the one who caused his marriage to crumble. This is so unbelievable!” Chiamaka said in doubt.

“He did not state if she was dead or alive. And he did not also mention how he got the information. I felt weird when he said it self but one thing for sure, i can not let him come over and start to claim his wife. Wife that he abandoned for years! He really can not be serious oh! And i know if my sister were to still be alive, she might have accepted him back self, lol. She was crazily in love with her husband and never for once insulted him. But that stupid man threw such a diamond away.” Patricia said, as she laughed so as not to get too emotional.

Chiamaka folded back the papers and kept it on a drawer close to her reach. Turned back to Patricia!

“So what are my to do now? I do not know where to begin with.” Chiamaka asked.

“I have a friend who is a very good lawyer. He will surely be of help! Money is not our problem, so we are very much good to go!” Patricia said with a smile and double tapped Chiamaka's right leg.

“Okay, if you say so.” Chiamaka responded.

Patricia left the room, while Chiamaka laid on the bed, all confused and frustrated.

*                     *                       *

Three weeks later, Davis entered his room and opened his wardrobe to picture when he spotted Chiamaka's luggage. He gently drew if out of the wardrobe and while doing that, he felt pains in his abdomen and exclaimed, “Ah, ouch!” then with his left hand, he opened the luggage. He picked Chiamaka's favorite gown and began to sniff in her scent from the gown. Then laid on the and hugged the gown tight on his body. He missed her, it was killing him deep down.

Christiana walked into the room unknown to him, “You must have loved her very much!” She said and fraghted Davis sat up immediately.

“You did not knock?” Davis asked, even when it was obvious that she did not knock and also she was already inside his room.

“Lol, Davis you are funny!” She said and sat on the bed, while looking down at Davis on the ground.

“So why are you here?” Davis asked.

“I came to check on you and be sure you will not attempt to take your life, again.” Christiana said.

“I am fine, do not worry yourself! I am very strong now.” Davis assured looked away.

He hated himself for hurting Chiamaka but still, he loved her. He had sent his men to search for her and no news was encouraging. It seemed she was extremely good at hiding.

“Do you really love her? I asked you because, I do not understand why you are holding on to a woman's clothe.” Christiana said and Davis noticed he was still holding on Chiamaka's gown.

He sighed, placed the gown back in her luggage, locked it and kept the luggage back to where it was before.

“Let me be!” Davis yelled and walked towards the entrance to his room.

“Why are you still being hard on us? We are your family for crying out! This is so unfair! Why can't you just stop a this?” Christiana blasted questions.

“You dare to ask me that? Just let me be! Because of all my so called family put me through, I hurt the girl who is now the love of my life. Do you know how it hurts? Please and please, just leave me!” Davis said and left the room.

Christiana felt disturbed and wished Davis would learn to forget everything and move on.

*                     *                       *

AUTHORESS NOTE:
Please vote and comment.