Chapter 65 - Edited

(+7 days)

Everyone is extremely happy with the baby. There's always a fight because everyone wants to hold him at all times and Liv doesn't let them, she wants to hold him too and she's the mother, so she wins. But now, I'm winning because I'm the one who has Jason.

(Maya) "Hi!" – I smile to him.

(Joe) "You know he won't answer you, right?"

(Maya) "Yes, I know that." – I answer to him annoyed.

He laughs and plays with Jason's tiny hands.

(Joe) "He's so tiny." – he grins.

(Maya) "Everyone is tiny compared to you!"

He glares and I laugh. Mace and Mike left to talk to my father some minutes ago and they haven't come back yet, which is starting to get me worried.

(Joe) "Are you okay?"

I look at him and I fake a smile.

(Maya) "Yeah..."

He frowns, not believing in me. Joe and I play with Jason for some minutes until Liv arrives and takes him away of my arms. Other minutes pass and finally, Mike shows up. He stands in front of us.

(Olivia) "What's going on?"

(Mike) "We need to talk to you two..." – he says to me and to her.

She looks at me confused and I look at her scared. She gives Joe the baby and we follow him to the armor room. My dad has his arms crossed and Mason has his hands on the table with his head down, while his back is facing us.

(Olivia) "What's going on?"

Mike crosses his arms and then uncrosses them right after, signalizing that he's nervous.

(George) "Maybe you should sit." – he points to the chairs.

(Maya) "What's going on?" – I push.

Mason doesn't even look at us; his position is still the same it was when we walked in.

(Olivia) "You're scaring us..."

(George) "We found Jack..."

My eyes widen.

(Olivia) "But that's a good thing, right?"

They don't answer her. Instead my dad steps closer.

(George) "You can't be here."

I open my mouth to speak but the words don't come out.

(Olivia) "What do you mean we can't?"

(Mike) "It's dangerous... For you, Jason and Maya as well."

I look to Mason and he still hasn't moved.
What is wrong with him?!

(Olivia) "It's dangerous for everyone!"

(George) "But we have to stay and fight. You can't fight so you're going to a safe place."

(Olivia) "What safe place?! There are no safe places in this world!"

She's starting to cry and I too, have some tears on my eyes.

(Mike) "Sweetheart." – he puts his hands on her shoulders. – "It's our job to protect you, no matter who or what. Being in Chicago is dangerous for you three and we don't want anything bad to happen to you."

She wipes her tears.

(Olivia) "But why? We are safe here..."

(George) "We've been lucky that nothing has happened yet... We can't have luck forever."