Chapter 4

(2 days later)

Mason's P.O.V

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

(Mason) "What?!" – I yell.

The door opens and Rob peeks inside.

(Rob) "I found the shooter." – he smirks.

My eyes widen and the girl next to me stirs.

(Mason) "Go to the building, I'll be there in thirty."

Rob nods his head and leaves.

(Mason) "Wake up." – I say to the girl.

She opens her eyes and smiles.

"Good morning." – she moves so she's straddling my waist.

I push her off of me and her back hits the mattress. I get from the bed.

(Mason) "I'm going to take a shower. When I come back, I don't want to see you here."

I go to the bathroom to get ready.

When I arrive to my office, everyone's around my desk. I stand in front of my chair.

(Mason) "Who's the guy?"

(Mike) "Not guy. The girl." – he corrects me.

I look at him confused. He slides a file on my desk until it reaches me. I open it and I see a picture of a girl.

She's beautiful.

(Mason) "Who is she?" – I don't take my eyes off of the picture.

(Rob) "Maya Davis, she owns a bar down the street."

(Mason) "And she's in the Mighty Gang?"

(Rob) "Possibly. It would make sense."

I look closer and I see something red on her back pocket.

(Mason) "Where was this picture taken?"

(Rob) "In a private security camera, a few feet down the alley where the transaction took place."

(Mike) "What are you going to do now? Are you still on that «I'm killing all of them» thing?"

I glare at him and the door opens to reveal, once more, my father.

(Chris) "I've heard." – he steps closer and stands next to me.

He snatches the picture of my hands and observes it.

(Chris) "Now that you have a proof, you can go after them."

(Mason) "I can't go like that..."

He looks at me with his bossy expression.

(Mason) "I'm not going to take down the Mighty Gang just like that." – I say sternly.

My father clenches his jaw.

(Rob) "Then what are you going to do?"

(Mason) "I'm going to a bar tonight." – I smirk.

I park my car on the address Rob gave me and then I enter on the bar, which is on the other side of the parking lot. There aren't many costumers but it's not empty either. I walk to the counter and I rest my elbows on it. Some seconds later a girl comes out of, what I assume it is, the storage room. The same brown eyes and the brown hair that reaches a little below her collarbones are the same ones I saw on that picture. She's quite tall, which I like a lot. She's wearing a white tank top and I can see weird shapes on her stomach, like something was beneath it. A pair of black jeans that perfectly fit for her legs and her butt is something that only Gods would make.

Damn... I would choose her over the seventy-two virgins...

Maya's P.O.V

I feel something... Like someone staring at me... I'm trying to talk to Will but I'm being distracted by this feeling.

(Will) "You okay?"

I nod my head and smile. I notice there's a new costumer leaning on the counter so I look at him.

Oh so he's the creep that's staring at me.

I walk to him and he doesn't take his eyes off of me. I stand right in front of him, with the counter between us. He's really hot, though. He has black hair that looks a mess but I guess that is on purpose, and bright green eyes. He's really tall too comparing to my 5.8 ft., he's probably like 6.1. For the couple of seconds I looked at him, he already licked his lips, which shows the dimples on his cheeks.

(Maya) "Do you need something?" – I ask slowly like he was dumb.

He chuckles.

(Mason) "A beer, please."

His eyes follow my movements when I grab a beer and take the top off. I slide it until it is right in front of him. He puts the money on the counter and I take it.

(Maya) "Anything else?"

He takes a deep breath.

(Mason) "Your name."

I raise my eyebrow and his expression doesn't change.

(Maya) "Why would I do that?"

(Mason) "You don't need to tell me but I wouldn't look like a weirdo when I do call it eventually."

I look at him confused.

(Maya) "Why would you be calling my name?"

He smirks and drinks half of his beer, his eyes locked with mine.

(Will) "Maya." – he calls me.

The guy winks like he won something. I walk to Will.

(Maya) "What?"

(Will) "When is the provider coming?"

(Maya) "Next week, why?"

(Will) "Nothing, I was just asking. Thanks."

I look back at the place where the guy was only to find it empty.

He was really weird...

The rest of the night goes by normally and around five, we close the bar.

Right when I'm about to open the driver door, I see through the window a giant dude coming at me. I turn around and I punch him in the face making him take a few steps back. Another guy comes behind me and grabs both my arms. I try to wiggle out of his grasp and I kick him in the lower area. The first guy, who's already recovered, is coming at me once more, I try to punch him again but he dodges and pushes me real hard against the car. I shout from the pain because of my wounds that are still healing and they both get the chance to grab me and keep me in place. I want to get out of their grip but it's like the pain on the skin of my stomach has made me numb and I don't have the strength for anything.

(Rick) "Sweet dreams, sunshine." – he puts a syringe on my neck and some liquid starts running through my blood.

My eyes start to get heavy and I shut them.