Chapter 58 - Edited

(+2 days)

(Maya) "Thank you all for being here, helping me."

It's nine a.m. Monique already arrived and she's preparing everything for when Liv wakes up. I'm by the pool with the boys and some of my dad's men. Mike said that he'd like to help, even though he's the groom, because he's scared that I might exaggerate with the preparations so he wants to make sure everything is in its limits.

(Maya) "Okay, first of all, we have to clean everything. So we are going to separate in teams. Mace, Joe and Rick are going to get the boxes that have the stuff while the rest is going to clean the space."

(Rob) "What are you going to do?" – he puts his hands on his hips.

(Maya) "Well, mister, someone has to supervise everything or this will turn out to be a funeral." – I step closer to him.

(Rob) "But are you going to do any hard-work?"

I know he's just messing with me because there's a slightly visible smirk on his face.

(Maya) "Dealing with you guys is enough hard-work."

I see the others laughing quietly.

(George) "What do we have here?"

(Mason) "We are going to organize everything for the wedding."

(George) "Sweet. Do you need some help?"

(Maya) "I do. The ladies in the kitchen need some help and none of my boys knows how to cook properly. Do you know someone who can give them some help?"

(Mike) "Your boys?" – he raise his eyebrows.

(Mason) "Yes, she adopted us." – he mocks.

I glare at him and he winks.

(George) "I can give them some help and I know some men that can help too."

(Maya) "Thank you."

He starts walking away.

(Maya) "Oh, uh... Dad!" – I call him.

He turns around.

(Maya) "Can I talk to you for a second?"

He nods and walks to me. I look at Mason and I nod for him to follow me. I start walking away from the pool. I stop almost on the middle of the road and they both look at me.

(George) "Is everything alright?"

(Maya) "Yes..." – I look to Mason and he smiles. – "I have something to tell you. We have something to tell you."

He looks between me and Mace.

(George) "What is it?"

I open my mouth but the words don't come out.
Why am I so nervous?

(Mason) "We..." – he puts his hand on my shoulder. – "Are having a baby."

My dad's eyes widen and his mouth rises to a smile. He opens his arms and engulfs me on a hug, silently crying on my shoulder.

(George) "I can't believe..." – he mutters.

I hug him back. We break after some seconds and he wipes his tears.

(George) "For how long?"

(Maya) "We don't know yet. We have to ask Dom for some help with the ultrasound."

He puts his hands on his mouth, covering it.

(George) "I can't believe how grown up you are."

I smile and then he looks to Mason.